Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I noticed on my window sticker it says ambient lighting . Is they just the standard interior lights ? Or sometimes fancy like the Mercedes have ?
Can’t wait to get it , it’s on its way to the dealer so I’m really hoping this week .

·
Registered
29 Posts
I need to figure out how this function works. When I'm in the vehicle with the exterior lights on and move the Ambient Lights knob...nothing happens. I can't see any variation in interior lighting, even in the footwells. Maybe I just need to be in a really dark environment to see a difference. I actually haven't driven it much after sunset, so not sure how much I would notice anyway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I need to figure out how this function works. When I'm in the vehicle with the exterior lights on and move the Ambient Lights knob...nothing happens. I can't see any variation in interior lighting, even in the footwells. Maybe I just need to be in a really dark environment to see a difference. I actually haven't driven it much after sunset, so not sure how much I would notice anyway.
So in my 2019 JL Unlimited, the only "ambient lighting" this controls is in the drink cup holder....

JLUsport has ambient light in door handles and in both front and rear cup holders.
May be people already know this but I noticed today that if you have your dimmer switch all the way up where your gauges are the brightest without turning the dome lights on. The door unlock handle ambient lights turn off.
They are only ON when the dimmer switch is at a setting below the setting where gauges are not at their full bright setting.
This may also be true for Sahara and Rubicon owners too who have additional footwell lighting.
Hope this is helpful and if it's a repeat I apologize in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's amazing what just a little bit of focus and attention will give you. I turned it on the the garage and moved the headlights from Auto to On. I typically keep the dimmer switch all the way up (without the dome lights), so moved it down to the min. I then started moving the Ambient knob up/down and (at first) noticed nothing. Then my eye caught my white shoes getting brighter and brighter. Ta-Da. After trying a few things, I noticed that it does change no matter the Dimmer setting (other than Domes on). But in mine, it's only footwell lighting, nothing else. The Dimmer controls all of the other interior lighting, including the cupholders.

But for now, mystery solved (for me at least).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts