Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick background: 42 year old dad of 4 (we'll get to why this is relevant) that wanted a Jeep since he was a little boy. Finally made the dream come true at 36 years old getting a 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon JKU that I did the 3" Mopar lift and 35's. Literally did every option including red leather interior with the Anvil exterior color. Marketing at the time was this was going to be the most limited Jeep ever made and the Anvil color and red leather were exclusive to this special edition. As we all know that ended up not being true at all, shocker:rolleyes:. 3 kids and made the booster seats fit and planned on keeping it for a long long time. Loved that Jeep! Dual top and made storage systems for the tope and doors and had it all sorted out. 4th "bonus" kid decided to show up! 4 kids in booster seats don't fit in Wranglers so off it went in 2015 in favor of a Durango with the 5.7 hemi. Awesome truck but not a WRANGLER!

Kids are older and oldest fits in front seat and we now have a Yukon XL for family trips.

Hello to a freshly ordered Gecko Rubicon 4xe as of this afternoon. Craig Benner at Koons in VA hooked me up and we are ready to go for Jeep number 2! Went sky one touch this time to get best of both worlds with no storage in garage. Sticking to stock ride height and wheels to maintain the efficiency of the vehicle. Adding a roof rack to hold some luggage and may look into a single jump seat for quick trips around the beach or something so we all fit but no long trips that way. My job is 11 miles away and plan to add a level 2 charger there as well as at home. Don't plan on using gas for 90% of my driving as it never really exceeds 10-15 miles unless we are going someplace as a family so I'm planning 1000 miles plus per tank.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quick background: 42 year old dad of 4 (we'll get to why this is relevant) that wanted a Jeep since he was a little boy. Finally made the dream come true at 36 years old getting a 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon JKU that I did the 3" Mopar lift and 35's. Literally did every option including red leather interior with the Anvil exterior color. Marketing at the time was this was going to be the most limited Jeep ever made and the Anvil color and red leather were exclusive to this special edition. As we all know that ended up not being true at all, shocker:rolleyes:. 3 kids and made the booster seats fit and planned on keeping it for a long long time. Loved that Jeep! Dual top and made storage systems for the tope and doors and had it all sorted out. 4th "bonus" kid decided to show up! 4 kids in booster seats don't fit in Wranglers so off it went in 2015 in favor of a Durango with the 5.7 hemi. Awesome truck but not a WRANGLER!

Kids are older and oldest fits in front seat and we now have a Yukon XL for family trips.

Hello to a freshly ordered Gecko Rubicon 4xe as of this afternoon. Craig Benner at Koons in VA hooked me up and we are ready to go for Jeep number 2! Went sky one touch this time to get best of both worlds with no storage in garage. Sticking to stock ride height and wheels to maintain the efficiency of the vehicle. Adding a roof rack to hold some luggage and may look into a single jump seat for quick trips around the beach or something so we all fit but no long trips that way. My job is 11 miles away and plan to add a level 2 charger there as well as at home. Don't plan on using gas for 90% of my driving as it never really exceeds 10-15 miles unless we are going someplace as a family so I'm planning 1000 miles plus per tank.

View attachment 1345
Welcome back, Mr. Kotter, lol

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xE, White
146 Posts
Congrats! Love the look of it with the Black Satin Grill on the Gecko green

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! Love the look of it with the Black Satin Grill on the Gecko green
Agreed! With the blue accents and the sky one touch being black and fenders I felt it needed a little more black to counter the brightness of the green. Not sure how the blue accents will look in real life but figure blue is a component of green so it can't be that bad, right? So stoked to get this Jeep!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xE, White
146 Posts
Agreed! With the blue accents and the sky one touch being black and fenders I felt it needed a little more black to counter the brightness of the green. Not sure how the blue accents will look in real life but figure blue is a component of green so it can't be that bad, right? So stoked to get this Jeep!
The blue is a subtle touch. The black grill just goes really well with the black wheels and the tinted glass IMO

·
Registered
110 Posts

View attachment 1345
Nice! Happy to see more than Grey and white :)

I can tell you first hand if you only live 11 miles from work you probably don’t need 2 chargers to go 1000 miles a tank. I live 10 miles and the only time I run out is when I deviate from the commute to run errands and stuff.

That all changes when you decide it’s fun to show someone how fast this can be… which is impossible not to for the first few weeks…putting your foot into it draws a lot of power.

But it’s a sleeper especially on a rolling start.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon, Bright White
19 Posts
I have a Level 1 at home and a Level 2 at work. I'm managing to do the majority of my commute electric. I average 42 mpg +/-, 1200 to 1400 miles per tank with more than 3/4 of the miles driven electric. If you add AC, Heating and Pennsylvania Hills to the equation, you get around 20 miles per charge...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts