Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m trying to find one that someone has installed in a somewhat rural area to see if reception still works.
you can be the one ;).
i took a trip to "test" FM...well is not at all time ok but i use the antenna to fill the hole and less for radio .

·
Registered
163 Posts
you can be the one ;).
i took a trip to "test" FM...well is not at all time ok but i use the antenna to fill the hole and less for radio .
I put on a 13 inch by AntennaX and I lost lots of FM channels. I still get satellite radio so I’m not that put out - and you’re right about the stubby one looking so much better than that long OEM one!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m trying to find one that someone has installed in a somewhat rural area to see if reception still works.
it won't work well. Someone explained that the length of the antenna and wire wraps are actually "tuned" to get good reception. I don't listen to FM at all so I don't care but every stubby antenna I've ever had has had terrible reception.

·
Registered
163 Posts
it won't work well. Someone explained that the length of the antenna and wire wraps are actually "tuned" to get good reception. I don't listen to FM at all so I don't care but every stubby antenna I've ever had has had terrible reception.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts