Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The inevitable happened, finally got a rock that hit my windshield and put a good crack in it. It was the standard factory glass, but I heard of the gorilla glass upgrade. The dealership knew nothing about that as an option. So I got that ordered and will try it out. That costs $750 here in VA if your wondering.
Was wondering if anyone has had that gorilla glass crack on them from road debris yet.
Truely curious to it’s durability vs the normal glass, and hoping it’s still going to have the little jeep in the corner as well.

should have the new glass next week.

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glass arrived, installation is next week. Curious to see if the installer does it right and I won’t have the whistle like I did in my old 2018.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good Luck with the Gorilla glass. Following also...
Side Note, it amazes my how many stories I here or read like that where the dealership doesn't know something that pertains to Jeeps (or Brand for that matter). It doesn't take much to stay up on your brand. We the consumers shouldn't be more informed than the dealerships. Just kind of funny.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good Luck with the Gorilla glass. Following also...
Side Note, it amazes my how many stories I here or read like that where the dealership doesn't know something that pertains to Jeeps (or Brand for that matter). It doesn't take much to stay up on your brand. We the consumers shouldn't be more informed than the dealerships. Just kind of funny.
A little off topic but yes agree - on my old JL, I had free rotation and oil for the first 50K I think and when I asked for a 5 tire rotation the service person looked at me like I was from Mars?!? They would NOT do a 5 tire rotation!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have not owned gorilla glass but have friend that has one.first one lasted about 11 months,it was replaced under warrant,this next one has taken some hard hits and is about a year out,a lot of construction here in Colorado and a lot of sand in the winter.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Glass arrived, installation is next week. Curious to see if the installer does it right and I won’t have the whistle like I did in my old 2018.
Does it have the Jeep in the corner?? Cause I’m worried about that! 😬😁✌🏻

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well this is oem gorilla glass, so I would expect it to be more.

hoping to still have the jeep in the corner, I’ll post an update after it’s installed

·
Registered
17 Posts
The inevitable happened, finally got a rock that hit my windshield and put a good crack in it. It was the standard factory glass, but I heard of the gorilla glass upgrade. The dealership knew nothing about that as an option. So I got that ordered and will try it out. That costs $750 here in VA if your wondering.
Was wondering if anyone has had that gorilla glass crack on them from road debris yet.
Truely curious to it’s durability vs the normal glass, and hoping it’s still going to have the little jeep in the corner as well.

should have the new glass next week.
Do you have the GG to enable the forward collision avoidance? Any idea on part number if so? My oem non GG windshield shattered and I’m trying to replace. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don’t have the car detection system for the cruise control. Figured since I don’t use cruise control it would be a waste of money

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have the GG to enable the forward collision avoidance? Any idea on part number if so? My oem non GG windshield shattered and I’m trying to replace. Thanks!
I have the Gorilla Glass windshield and also the adaptive cruise control. Seems to work fine. Haven't broken it yet, but I haven't done anything fun yet, either. If it snows I'll find out if it's any good since PBOT/ODOT like to dump rocks on the roads when it's snowy or icy.

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got

Got it! Thanks!
I would imagine the only thing really missing would be the shadowing around the part, even a normal piece of glass I think would work. But I called up my dealership and had them look for the part because they didn’t even know it was a thing.
hell I ordered the first 4xe they even had, and they took so long I got it from another dealership in another state. They definitely don’t know much about these yet.
Which to be fair to service departments is expected because it’s a new jeep and shouldn’t be breaking yet at all.

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They installed the glass yesterday. Yes it has the little jeep in the corner, and the gorilla glass also is printed in the opposite driver’s corner that it’s gorilla glass and has a little gorilla icon. Definitely sounds different when the bugs hit it. And I don’t have the stupid whistle sound when the windshields get installed wrong… at least not yet. I always like to verify it after a few days as the seals settle.

Asked dealership to update software on the modules… they did… except the radio head unit? Going to follow up on that, but I know there is at least a 21.18 version where I have a 21.05 with the backup camera lines issue. Never does an update OTA and the update site still says I don’t have any updates pending.

but interesting is this is the first time I have taken it to the dealership. On the way I noticed a few of the apps on the radio said they were updating. Never did that before with the almost 2 months of having it. So maybe they don’t push updates until they see you take it to a dealership?

anyway loving the glass so far and it was installed correctly it seems.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
I just scheduled a service appointment for the recall on the high voltage battery cables seal. They said there are 6 updates and they need it all day. Giving me a loaner, so that’s good. Ugh, I hate leaving my vehicle for any service… never know how it will come out. Plus I don’t trust anybody in my vehicles. Has to be done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts