Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To people and especially JeepCare , does Jeep has any recall plan for the widely-spread electric system fault which causes the vehicle to shutdown?

As a new Jeep 4xe owner here, although I do not have any issues for 800 miles, but I'm still very concerned about the safety. (Not trying to be paranoid)

Some pics of my Jeep

·
Registered
477 Posts
I haven't heard anything and I don't think Jeep Cares will be able to answer this until it is public knowledge. I tend to believe the issues aren't widespread but would be lying if I said I didn't share some of your concern. I'm less concerned about the shutting down and potential safety issue than not having my vehicle for weeks or mos as some have reported. BUT, fingers crossed......no major issues thus far.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think there are multiple issues that could be going on, so it may not be that simple. I know for me, driving input caused my 4xe's TCU to turn off the ECU. I let the dealership have it for a week to investigate but nothing really seem to come of it other than the engineers investigating. I don't consider it "broken" or have a major worry. But I would like them to investigate the software control systems for the sake of all drivers/public safety. I think they need some tweaking. Seems like any sensor anomaly causes the computers to just nope out and coast to a stop.

Other issues just seem to be primarily manufacturing related.

·
Registered
47 Posts
@JeepCares or some other part of the organization should reach out to owners directly. I've been an FCA customer for years and had recalls for water pumps, floor mats, tailgate locks, etc. All of these were properly documented, communicated, and addressed. This powertrain issue is perplexing and the lack of communication is frustrating. Either the 20% of people on this board with issues are faking (can't believe that), or the problems are too sporadic or complex to solve yet. We're at 1200 miles thus far, but I do have more faith in our 8 year old Mercedes than this 8 week old Jeep. That concern can quickly be addressed by @JeepCares or someone else instead of leaving it to the confused masses.

As for errors in my car, the Uconnect system emailed me earlier this week about a CEL/MIL being on, even though there is nothing showing on the dash. The app still shows it, though. I hooked up a scanner and there were 6 stored codes about fuel evap leaks. I checked the fuel cap (it was loose) and cleared codes and will wait to see. This is hands-down the worst fuel cap I've ever touched, and I've put fuel in hundreds of cars. Why does it never feel secure?!?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My MIL/CEL error is gone now, so it was the gas cap. If anything, I hope there is a recall for that cap. It's way too finicky.

Also, for those hoping for a quick answer to this, read up on Chevrolet's Bolt battery issues. Some of the cars impacted are 4 years old and it's just now being addressed for hopefully the last time. And So It Goes, GM Will Replace Chevy Bolt EV Battery Modules This stuff rarely happens quickly it seems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts