Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Only time will tell for me but first month has had some issues. 1. Leaking roof rail (skytop). 2. Blind spot monitoring not working. Both of these were fixed with new roof rail installed and door taken apart (found out they did not connect the BS in the mirrors).

Finally got the car and right at 700 miles had to get the car towed to the dealership due it not starting. Found out its an isolation fault in the battery that caused the entire car to shut down for safety concerns. Still at dealership.

Love the car. but man.... quality issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am about to order a 4xe Rubicon today but became very concerned on the number of 4xes that are having issues with completely shutting down due to various issues. Thinking of diesel instead of their are too many issues. Anyone have regrets? Thanks.
None at all
2200 miles

·
Registered
402 Posts
Jeep is build for Hobbits, need Vaseline to fit in. the battery bump ..you know what i mean. No Vegan Leather Seats. Playing low in towing. No front Radar , No Rain Sensor :LOL:.

but we LOVE it as it is (y)🍻 Prost. So no Regets :rolleyes:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Only time will tell for me but first month has had some issues. 1. Leaking roof rail (skytop). 2. Blind spot monitoring not working. Both of these were fixed with new roof rail installed and door taken apart (found out they did not connect the BS in the mirrors).

Finally got the car and right at 700 miles had to get the car towed to the dealership due it not starting. Found out its an isolation fault in the battery that caused the entire car to shut down for safety concerns. Still at dealership.

Love the car. but man.... quality issues.
Please keep us up to date on your current dealer visit, WrekEE. If you need additional support while there, we are in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks everyone. Based on feedback. I am will be ordering this week!!!! I am going to lease in case I have issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The two things that have always kept me away from buying a Jeep were that they are too sluggish, and they are extremely inefficient. The 4XE solves both of those problems in spades! And, with the $7500 tax credit, it is also an extreme bargain compared to the other choices in the market. So, yes, I have absolutely no regrets.

Not really..... Drive to Colorado recently and it plummeted my mpg. The new 4xe, after depleting battery, gets less gas mileage than a non hybrid Jeep

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not really..... Drive to Colorado recently and it plummeted my mpg. The new 4xe, after depleting battery, gets less gas mileage than a non hybrid Jeep
Just drove to WI and back, same route, same day to-from, 90% interstate starting at <1% charge and no recharging. At 65-70mph avg speeds with 400lbs of cargo I got 23.7 mpg for the tank, hand calculated. Driving habits and weather are bigger factors than a few hundred pounds the 4xe adds vs a non-4xe. Compared to driving a JLU Sport 2.0L, it was about the same. Compared to my 2-door JK 3.6/auto, the 4xe was 5mpg better. I'm seconding my previous post: no regrets whatsoever and very happy I chose a Rubi.

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Wrangler U Rubicon 4xE (on order)
10 Posts
I am going to same way of leasing 4xe and would buy the diesel. I loved the 4xe torque. I use to own a touraeg with diesel and liked that engine more than the Jeep. Seem to have more torque to me. of course when you cheat, the engine would seem better:)
I believe there’s no tax credit when you lease because you don’t “own” the vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not true, they took the $7,500 right off of the MSRP price for me.
Let me rephrase, you don’t get the $7,500 tax credit from the government in the same way that someone who purchases does on their tax return. The manufacturer gets the credit, they are using it to lower the cost of the vehicle for lease, but you will not get the $7,500 credit when you file your taxes. The net benefit is you drive the car cheaper, but the manufacturer gets the extra cash and your vehicle at the end of the lease (unless you buy it out). It makes sense since they are using the incentive to lower cost of lease though, you make an excellent point.
Main reason we didn’t even consider a lease is limitations on modifications :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let me rephrase, you don’t get the $7,500 tax credit from the government in the same way that someone who purchases does on their tax return. The manufacturer gets the credit, they are using it to lower the cost of the vehicle for lease, but you will not get the $7,500 credit when you file your taxes. The net benefit is you drive the car cheaper, but the manufacturer gets the extra cash and your vehicle at the end of the lease (unless you buy it out). It makes sense since they are using the incentive to lower cost of lease though, you make an excellent point.
Heres the disclosure from Jeep. Note “dealer contribution required”. I warn everyone to avoid releases, they are designed to charge you extra penalties. I’m sure they work well for some people, but if you’re looking at total cost it’s often better to purchase because you own the vehicle outright at the end, or you can sell it a year later and recoup your money. Leases are inflexible. Cheers!

“Low-mileage lease for well-qualified lessees. Based on MSRP example of $56,420 with 29V package after all applicable offers. Total due at lease signing includes a down payment and first month's payment. Offer requires dealer contribution. Tax, title & license extra. Lessee is solely responsible for early lease termination payments, fees, costs, penalties, excess wear and tear and mileage of $0.25/mile for each mile over 10,000 miles per year, if vehicle is returned at end of term. $395 disposition fee due at lease end. Dealer's actual terms may vary. Offer through Chrysler Capital. Must take retail delivery by 11/01/2021.”
- 2021 Jeep® Wrangler 4xe - Iconic SUV With Plug-In Electric

·
Registered
33 Posts
Understandable to each their own, but for me with no interest in modifying my High Altitude and also planning to turn it in after 3 years for the newer version, I couldn't turn down $289 a month for a $60,000 vehicle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1,300 miles and no regrets. Actually, I have a few. My wife drives it to work 5 days per week and my daughter drives it when she comes home from college breaks. I hardly get to drive it! Other than that, It has exceeded my expectations.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts