Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The uconnect app was never able to get me real time charging status on my 4xe. Remote start, lock/unlock would be nice to have, but I wouldn't use them very often. But I would LOVE to be able to see what my charge is withtou having to go to the vehicle. Has anyone found a reliable way to do this besides the very unreliable Uconnect access?

·
Registered
238 Posts
You will need to use a smart EVSE like the JuiceBox, ChargePoint, or Grizzle-e and their apps will tell you the status. Otherwise, no way from the Jeep other than Uconnect and you already have discovered that it’s app is utter garbage.

·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
169 Posts
Everything done with the uconnect app is crap. Unreliable, unusable. The worst part for me, is not getting a notification letting me know it stopped charging, and I get to discover that the nest morning when I am heading out the door.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Honestly, it’s not a big deal to me that the app doesn’t show real-time status. I charge at home 99% of the time and when it only takes 2 hours 10 minutes to fully charge, it’s very easy to glance at the time and % remaining on the battery when I shutoff the Jeep and know when it’ll be done.

That being said, Stellantis needs to get this fixed before rolling out the full EV 4xe because it is a must feature when you’re talking about taking 8-10 hours to fully charge.

·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
169 Posts
Honestly, it’s not a big deal to me that the app doesn’t show real-time status. I charge at home 99% of the time and when it only takes 2 hours 10 minutes to fully charge, it’s very easy to glance at the time and % remaining on the battery when I shutoff the Jeep and know when it’ll be done.
Yeah, the problem is, when you glance at the time, walk up to your Jeep to realize the super reliable charging system stopped charging due to some random reason 2 hours and 9 minutes ago, and didn't bother to tell you about it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah, the problem is, when you glance at the time, walk up to your Jeep to realize the super reliable charging system stopped charging due to some random reason 2 hours and 9 minutes ago, and didn't bother to tell you about it.
Coming up on one year of ownership in 3 weeks and I’ve never had a single charge fail. If you’re seeing that, then you need to have both your Jeep and EVSE diagnosed.

Uconnect will show me the charging status on the app, one just has to refresh the status to ping the jeep.

It does tend to go quicker if my phone is a cellular data than if it's on wifi.
I find if I park in my garage, the app fails to refresh 75% of the time. If I park outside, I can get it to refresh about 90% of the time.

·
Registered
516 Posts
The uconnect app was never able to get me real time charging status on my 4xe. Remote start, lock/unlock would be nice to have, but I wouldn't use them very often. But I would LOVE to be able to see what my charge is withtou having to go to the vehicle. Has anyone found a reliable way to do this besides the very unreliable Uconnect access?
If you refresh the INFO it shows you the remaining charge time and the battery %. You can set a email notification for charging as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
169 Posts
Maybe I'm just being unreasonable with my expectations. I never had a way to even check with a half-ass'd app like uConnect on my PHEV Fusion or Volt. I know it's not fair to compare, but with all their problems, Tesla has this stuff dialed in to perfection.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Tesla has this stuff dialed in to perfection.
Ehhhhh I wouldn’t say “perfection” by any stretch of the imagination for Tesla’s app. Better than Jeep? Absolutely! Great overall? No. Having several friends with Tesla’s, they’re constantly complaining about being beta testers for untested software updates (despite not being enrolled in the beta program) that Tesla pushes out and breaks their apps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
uConnect app started "working" again after 5 months of failing to connect to the Wrangler, and it's still utter garbage, gives the % of charge when initially plugged into charge, and it never refreshes again even if refresh is manually hit.

Not sure who would pay a subscription for this junkware, the uconnect head unit is only slightly better than the app, better in the sense it plays music most of the time.

Last week only one front right speaker was working, fixed itself after a few restarts during the day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like the updated the app recently....but it's worse now. I used to have decent luck pressing the refresh symbol next to the 'duration since last refresh' banner at the top (Android). Now they removed that icon and you have to drag/swipe the screen down to refresh the page. It never actually updates the battery %, though, and still shows the old duration which is usually the last time I plugged or unplugged it. Very unfortunate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The refresh fails since the app was updated.

Someone mentioned that the refresh does not work well over WiFi, which seem to be true, it refreshed consistently over cell network, but now it appears to be completely dead.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think most uConnect problems are from there contract with AT&T .... it sucks! It takes me about 5 minutes to check when it's in the garage. When I am else where it takes about 10 seconds. JMHO ;)

Update ... never really timed it ... right now at 14 minutes ..... 15 minutes. 2nd time I constantly refreshed & it took 3 minutes.

Cheers, Jon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts