Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had it happen again today, probably the 6th or 7th time another EV driver gets super angry when I pull my 4xe into a charging spot. They obviously just think I'm some prick parking there, and it honestly is the funniest thing to see them lose it!

Curious if anyone else has experienced!
DD

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just had it happen again today, probably the 6th or 7th time another EV driver gets super angry when I pull my 4xe into a charging spot. They obviously just think I'm some prick parking there, and it honestly is the funniest thing to see them lose it!

Curious if anyone else has experienced!
DD
I has a security guard come over and tell me that the charging spaces was for EV's only and I had to move. Once he saw that our 4xe was plugged in, he changed his tune and got friendly.
I ended up opening the hood so he could look at the engine and he looked inside too. Then he asked, if it was ok for me to let his co-workers look at it too.
So we had five security people looking at the EV and giving me lots of complements on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I has a security guard come over and tell me that the charging spaces was for EV's only and I had to move. Once he saw that our 4xe was plugged in, he changed his tune and got friendly.
I ended up opening the hood so he could look at the engine and he looked inside too. Then he asked, if it was ok for me to let his co-workers look at it too.
So we had five security people looking at the EV and giving me lots of complements on it.
Ah that's super cool! I actually had a guy say my charging receptacle was fake!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've driven EVs for about 6 years, and if I had a dollar for every time I've encountered people blocking chargers I'd outperform the tax credit. Most of the time it's ignorance. Sometimes it's malice. Occasionally it's just outright narcissism. Almost got in a fight with a guy who parked his Land Rover in the only EV charging spot when the rest of the parking lot was empty. He couldn't be bothered to park one spot further away, everyone else be damned. I called him out on it, and he immediately got in my face. So yeah, being an EV driver is being somewhat used to this frustration and occasionally even prepared to de-escalate conflict. I don't blame these folks for being a bit defensive.

But here, that's part of the fun. The misunderstanding tends to breed curiosity about the 4XE in all but the staunchest environmentalists (I mean, our Jeeps aren't very efficient with their EV power after all).

There will still be some intentional dirty looks from the ranks of the Leafs (Leaves?) and e-Golfs of the world, just like the "Jeep wave" there tends to be an unspoken class system in the EV community about who is more deserving of that plug. I've certainly seen EV folks throw looks at PHEVs because they don't need to charge on the go and because generally, they charge slower than full EVs. I'm guilty of getting a little annoyed when driving in my full EV badly needing a charge, and seeing the only plug in the area taken by a Volt (or worse, a Volt that isn't even plugged in). In those moments I have to summon my better nature and remember that's part of the moment we're in, and we should all need to be pushing for better networks so there's enough to go around.

In any case, friendly reminder to have good plug etiquette. Only park at the plug when actively charging, obey the posted time limits if there are any, and consider being considerate if there's someone else waiting in need of a plug to get where they're going.

·
Registered
2021 4Xe Rubicon
3 Posts
I just applied and got confirmation from DMV for the clean pass in NY, allows me to drive in the HOV lanes all by myself. Cant wait for the stickers to arrive and for the first time a cop stops me in the HOV lane, gonna have to record his reaction. lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just applied and got confirmation from DMV for the clean pass in NY, allows me to drive in the HOV lanes all by myself. Cant wait for the stickers to arrive and for the first time a cop stops me in the HOV lane, gonna have to record his reaction. lol
Please do report back!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was at the dealership a few days ago due to a paint issue I wanted to discuss. I was plugged in for about 10 minutes when a Tesla parks in the handicap spot (w/ no placard) next to me and unplugged my Jeep to plug himself in. Then Mr. Wonderful just sits in his car for about another 10 minutes. I told the service advisor and asked him to have my Jeep plugged back in. The guy ended up not even being a potential customer. He just rolled up to charge his Tesla at the Jeep dealership for free.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've driven EVs for about 6 years, and if I had a dollar for every time I've encountered people blocking chargers I'd outperform the tax credit. Most of the time it's ignorance. Sometimes it's malice. Occasionally it's just outright narcissism. Almost got in a fight with a guy who parked his Land Rover in the only EV charging spot when the rest of the parking lot was empty. He couldn't be bothered to park one spot further away, everyone else be damned. I called him out on it, and he immediately got in my face. So yeah, being an EV driver is being somewhat used to this frustration and occasionally even prepared to de-escalate conflict. I don't blame these folks for being a bit defensive.

But here, that's part of the fun. The misunderstanding tends to breed curiosity about the 4XE in all but the staunchest environmentalists (I mean, our Jeeps aren't very efficient with their EV power after all).

There will still be some intentional dirty looks from the ranks of the Leafs (Leaves?) and e-Golfs of the world, just like the "Jeep wave" there tends to be an unspoken class system in the EV community about who is more deserving of that plug. I've certainly seen EV folks throw looks at PHEVs because they don't need to charge on the go and because generally, they charge slower than full EVs. I'm guilty of getting a little annoyed when driving in my full EV badly needing a charge, and seeing the only plug in the area taken by a Volt (or worse, a Volt that isn't even plugged in). In those moments I have to summon my better nature and remember that's part of the moment we're in, and we should all need to be pushing for better networks so there's enough to go around.

In any case, friendly reminder to have good plug etiquette. Only park at the plug when actively charging, obey the posted time limits if there are any, and consider being considerate if there's someone else waiting in need of a plug to get where they're going.
Ever notice Leafs have a habit of staying on the chargers long after the battery is charged?

·
Registered
402 Posts
wait, wait a .., please wait a moment...got my e - parking white privilege parking card out...just a ..moment

1 - 17 of 17 Posts