Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like hurricane Ida is going to crash through that area like a ton of bricks, I hope everyone there stays safe and all goes well. I got my Jeep from them a couple months ago and know they were moving a lot of orders through there, hope it doesn’t impact anyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did mid last month thru broker. Build sheet hit last week so is supposed to be in rail transit to them in three weeks...fingers crossed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yup I did. My Jeep is supposed to arrive on September 2. I hope the train is in a holding pattern somewhere far away. 🤞. I hope everyone down there evacuated and is staying safe. 🙏

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did too, but placed my order 8/9. Build date isn't until 9/8 (est), so I still have a while. I wish them all the best during this huge storm!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks like Calcasieu Perish ( where Lake Charles is) dodged Ida big time. According to their local news looks like everything is reopening tomorrow. Whew 🙏 for everyone in Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Ordered my leased Sahara 4XE through Mark Dodge in Lake Charles (using Clutch Auto Group) on 8/14. They've been great to deal with, so far.

@S2kChris, you've already taken delivery of your 4XE from Mark Dodge? How did it work out? Did they pretty much stick to the lease deal you originally worked out with them? How did shipping go? How much did it end up costing you to have it shipped up to IL? Any issues? I'm out in Elgin. JeepChat just told me yesterday that my 4XE is in the "TRIM" stage. No idea how long it will be from that point on, but I cannot wait to finally take delivery!

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took delivery in mid-July. Everything went just fine. There was a little confusion because I thought I was rolling in taxes into my lease not paying up front but it was no biggie. Also, I’m dumb, I didn’t understand that they file my paperwork for license plates for me; I went to the DMV and they thought I was an idiot; a call to Mark Dodge cleared it all up (just got my plates btw). Shipping was about $800 if I remember correctly; super easy, I tracked the truck the whole way with the Sirius App

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ordered my leased Sahara 4XE through Mark Dodge in Lake Charles (using Clutch Auto Group) on 8/14. They've been great to deal with, so far.

@S2kChris, you've already taken delivery of your 4XE from Mark Dodge? How did it work out? Did they pretty much stick to the lease deal you originally worked out with them? How did shipping go? How much did it end up costing you to have it shipped up to IL? Any issues? I'm out in Elgin. JeepChat just told me yesterday that my 4XE is in the "TRIM" stage. No idea how long it will be from that point on, but I cannot wait to finally take delivery!
I just took delivery of my Rubicon on Monday from Mark Dodge. They don’t have any sort of shipping connections. They use a third party service, you tell them how much you are willing to pay and they post the job on the service. I called Mark Dodge everyday to up the price. About 3 days and nothing. Then I contacted Abe at Clutch Auto and he gave me a recommendation. I called that guy, he gave me a price and in a few minutes I had a contract. They picked it up the next day (which was Saturday) and delivered it Monday morning. I paid $100 over the phone to secure the contract and paid the driver the balance in cash. He called me Sunday afternoon to let me know about what time he’d be to my house. I’m in Cambridge,WI and paid $1100. Totally worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have door to door transport working to try get the shipping where they think it should be for me. Abe’s contact told me 1050, not the 800 we had estimated when I ordered the vehicle. I don’t need the car, but I’d like to have it. I can wait a few days if it saves me a few hundred. We’ll see how long it ends up being.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts