Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There isn't much room under the hood and I don't fancy ripping the fender off to bury it under. There is a decent amount of room in front of the engine, under the air intake hose. I could imagine (someone) fabbing a bracket that mounts to the two bolts on the plastic engine cover and hangs down vertically.

Under the seat wouldn't sound terrible if all the aux accessory wires were all you needed, but that is only supposed to trigger a relay and you still need a ground.

Maybe I should just go with a portable one, which will cost less than half of building the ARB single in? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X9AXR8 or https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08637KCWQ

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
592 Posts
I just have a little portable one. Not as nice as the ones you posted. Seems as though to me, engine compartment is full. Could it go under the vehicle anywhere??

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm looking for something too. I'd be happy with a portable that fits under the rear cargo bay. But I don't know that something like that exists.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I ordered the viair air 88P based off a recommendation on the JL forum that it fits in the cargo box. It should arrive today.

Someone also said it can be connected to the towing harness. I may get the wiring harness for that purpose. Just to have a fun weekend project.

Got it to air up the tires, emergency use, and for bicycles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed my twin compressor under the front passenger seat. It was easier than I expected and I like the location better than under the hood, where I put one in my 2018 3.6L

·
Registered
62 Posts
I installed my twin compressor under the front passenger seat. It was easier than I expected and I like the location better than under the hood, where I put one in my 2018 3.6L
Photo please so we can see how it fits

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put mine in the rear tool compartment. The ARB CKMA12 (not the twin) for tires and stuff. I got “Rusty's Rear Compressor Mount” from Rusty’s Off-road (because I’m not ready to drill holes in my Jeep yet) which bolts in the top of the toolbox. Then I drilled a hole in it so I could fish the wire loom through the drain plug and figure out a way to the front. Comes with a million wires and had to make my own look to go that distance

·
Registered
402 Posts
you know they get very hot like bbq

·
Registered
402 Posts
I put mine in the rear tool compartment. The ARB CKMA12 (not the twin) for tires and stuff. I got “Rusty's Rear Compressor Mount” from Rusty’s Off-road (because I’m not ready to drill holes in my Jeep yet) which bolts in the top of the toolbox. Then I drilled a hole in it so I could fish the wire loom through the drain plug and figure out a way to the front. Comes with a million wires and had to make my own look to go that distance

View attachment 1015
hot iron over the gastank..cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts