Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Saturday night I ventured out into the middle of BFE. I noticed at night my uconnect display would stay on after turning off vehicle, locking doors, etc. I tried everything to get it to turn off. Then on my way home Sunday morning I tried accessing Off Road Pages and it would not load on gave me the error "There was an error in running the app. Please try again later." This was the start of a bunch of other issues with the display. Travel Link, Sirius XM Radio, SOS, Assist don’t work either. I got to town safely and went to grocery store. CarPlay and bluetooth would not connect to my phone. I turned on the FM radio dialed in a station and alas I had some music. I got to the grocery store and same thing again (which has been persistent since Sat night) the radio wouldn't turn off. It played while I went shopping. I opened up the back of the Jeep to load in groceries and yep you guessed it radio was still on. Display is warm and I've tried holding the Volume On/Off as the manual suggests to do a restart. It doesn't work. I tried holding the Media and Settings app for 10 seconds to get in Dealership Mode and everything is up to date. No option to reset it here either.. Anyone ever have a similar experience or advice? Made an appointment today but soonest they have is a couple of days. I also just tried disconnecting negative battery terminal and it looks to have shut it off finally but not sure if it's fixed yet as the time I'm writing this I want to let the display cool down before trying to turn it on again...little stuff like this simple On/Off not working is frustrating. Surely this new tech seems to have complicated and otherwise very capable machine. @JeepCares please help.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
893 Posts
Frustrating for sure. Something is faulty on the head unit. Battery disconnect might have helped but doubt it will last. Sorry to hear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: went to the dealership. After disconnecting the negative battery terminal it seemed to have worked. The service writer said there are no codes and two things to note: 1. Always disconnect the usb cables (for whatever reason having them connected to the vehicle USB port doesn't allow it to sleep). 2. Negative battery terminal disconnect for 15-20min resets everything. I disconnected mine for only 10-15 seconds and seemed to have corrected the "There was an error in running the app. Please try again later." message. Hope this helps others if they come across this.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
893 Posts
Update: went to the dealership. After disconnecting the negative battery terminal it seemed to have worked. The service writer said there are no codes and two things to note: 1. Always disconnect the usb cables (for whatever reason having them connected to the vehicle USB port doesn't allow it to sleep). 2. Negative battery terminal disconnect for 15-20min resets everything. I disconnected mine for only 10-15 seconds and seemed to have corrected the "There was an error in running the app. Please try again later." message. Hope this helps others if they come across this.
Glad it worked for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had a similar issue this week driving to Denver when the radio all of a sudden started playing static (on XM and guidance voice overs). There are some gremlins in the system for sure. I was able to correct it by pushing and hold both the radio power button and tune button for 20 seconds before releasing. It should restart the UConnect system. Not sure if it solves this issue, but hopefully saves on a trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had a similar issue this week driving to Denver when the radio all of a sudden started playing static (on XM and guidance voice overs). There are some gremlins in the system for sure. I was able to correct it by pushing and hold both the radio power button and tune button for 20 seconds before releasing. It should restart the UConnect system. Not sure if it solves this issue, but hopefully saves on a trip to the dealership.
Yea found that info in the manual but it wouldn’t work for me. Only way to power it off was disconnecting the battery terminal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am really hoping they fix some of these issues on my 2022 build. If the USB thing is true, that is very poor design and super inconvenient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts