Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
You guys had me going for a minute. Wireless CarPlay works in our Mach-E but not in the 4xe. We have to plug it in to get it to work.

Looks like I have to buy some more hardware in order for it to function in the 4xe?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I’m having a senior moment. Wouldn’t it just be easier and less expensive to just plug your iPhone in?
lol, yes, yes it would. And plugging it is also charges it. But there are benefits to having it wireless. No need to take the extra step to plug it in, it can sit in your pocket. Or, if you leave the phone is a bag, you don't have to fish it out.

What I would love (I think some of the BMWs do this) is for the console to have a small space with Qi charger in it. Hop in the Jeep, drop the phone on the Qi charger so it charges and then wirelessly connect to CarPlay/Android Auto.

Again, its all just a convenience thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
lol, yes, yes it would. And plugging it is also charges it. But there are benefits to having it wireless. No need to take the extra step to plug it in, it can sit in your pocket. Or, if you leave the phone is a bag, you don't have to fish it out.

What I would love (I think some of the BMWs do this) is for the console to have a small space with Qi charger in it. Hop in the Jeep, drop the phone on the Qi charger so it charges and then wirelessly connect to CarPlay/Android Auto.

yeah it would be great if Jeep can build in a Qi Wireless charger in the wranglers as in their other models. But for now a Qi wireless charging pad from Amazon will do :).

·
Registered
293 Posts

🤣 thanks. Yeah I just use Bluetooth to play music and the uconnect navigation.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The Uconnect navigation isn't too bad. I was astounded it had an accident marked the other day that had just happened. Emergency services were not even there.
Uconnect uses Tom Tom navigation data. Their data comes from multiple sources including user input so someone may have input the accident when they saw it. Or one of the cars also has an accident alert system tied to Tom Tom.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts