Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
661 - 680 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the price protection only locks price and discount. The actual MF and RV will depend on the month of delivery. So technically your monthly payments will be affected in the same way as it does to any of us who’s still waiting. It’s painful at this point :(
Are your purchasing or leasing the car?
That makes sense, I know my purchase price before discount is less than the sticker so I figured the spread would be less than someone who purchased after me, who knows. I'm kind of over all of it now but I need a car lol. I scored with Caravan and they paid me more than I paid 3 years ago, so crazy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered mine few days ago, CCAP standard rates and RV in May brings monthly payment up by ~$100, I just hope those rates and RV get better in coming months before my car is delivered.
Can you share where the CCAP rates and RV are posted? Looking to see how my March estimated numbers compare now...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
March numbers were 3% higher rv, mf was .00144, and no acq fee waivers for 36 months.

April was same mf/rv, but acq fee waivers in every region, so $595-895 cheaper than March

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just ordered mine few days ago, CCAP standard rates and RV in May brings monthly payment up by ~$100, I just hope those rates and RV get better in coming months before my car is delivered.
OMG, really?

1 month difference and your payments changed that much? I figured we were talking $10-$15 different. I am trying to be in a one pay in the $300's. If I'm up in the $450's, I almost think I would bail. I am driving a 18 year old 4runner and have no idea what else I would get but I don't need a new car that bad to pay $450-$500 a month for a car I don't even own. I work at home and I don't even drive that much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OMG, really?

1 month difference and your payments changed that much? I figured we were talking $10-$15 different. I am trying to be in a one pay in the $300's. If I'm up in the $450's, I almost think I would bail. I am driving a 18 year old 4runner and have no idea what else I would get but I don't need a new car that bad to pay $450-$500 a month for a car I don't even own. I work at home and I don't even drive that much.
I don't know if you would be able to lease any 4xe in the 300's without coming out of pocket with a decent down payment. I would never put money down on a lease because you can lose the money you put down if your vehicle is stolen or totaled, especially during the first few months of your lease

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know if you would be able to lease any 4xe in the 300's without coming out of pocket with a decent down payment. I would never put money down on a lease because you can lose the money you put down if your vehicle is stolen or totaled, especially during the first few months of your lease
by $300's I mean I believe the one-pay numbers were somewhere around $375-$380 IIRC when Clutch sent them over in Nov/Dec last year. Looking for the lease estimates now. I don't believe it was in the $400's and yeah, def no money down.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
My one pay on my HA comes out to about $380/mo from when I signed in March. The April numbers got a little better, so it would have been a bit cheaper. May numbers are worse, so it would have gone up quite a bit from there. The numbers will probably get better moving forward. They took a dive last May as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OMG, really?

I think wrangler 4xe will hold the value well after 3 years, I don’t mind RV reduced down much as it’s likely we will have positive equity if we sell the car at end of lease. However the tricky part is that the MF plays a big role here, we are actually paying interests for both capitalized cost (selling price - down payment - incentives) and residual value, which sum up to over 88k for a 62k wrangler Sahara 4xe. That means total lease interests you paid are actually much higher than you think. It’s $6100 in total with my build (62k Sahara). MF 40 points up (1% APR difference) alone makes monthly payment about $40 higher. Small change in money factor could make day and night difference in monthly payment numbers. The only good thing is that we have that $7500 EV incentives.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
we are actually paying interests for both capitalized cost (selling price - down payment - incentives) and residual value, which sum up to over 88k for a 62k wrangler Sahara 4xe.
This isn't really accurate. Adjusted cap cost and residual value are summed because the mf is basically the interest applied to the average value of the vehicle across the life of the lease.

You're seeing the sum because the average value is (cap cost + residual value)/2

The 2 in the denominator is just captured in the 2400 multiplier that converts from money factor to equivalent interest rate.

It seems weird until you break out the conversion factor into its piece parts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I checked on mine and all they said is shipping stage. I wonder if the tracking system is back up and running? They told me it was down.
Not unless it went back down… I asked JC when it was down on April 21st and they flat out said it was down. When I asked again on May 5th they were able to provide ETA time frame.

·
Registered
93 Posts
JC told me it was down and to check back next week. I think this was Wednesday?

The good news is I sold my car to Carvana yesterday for more than I paid for it 3 years ago lol. I was a bit aggravated over this 5 month + wait but not so much now, although I am without a car now lol.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Was it waived before? I thought I remember clutch saying something like that was waived for FL purchases when I signed in Dec.

That's a big one from what I remember, 750-900? Something like that?
Was waived in Feb in FL, not in March, everywhere in April, gone in May, and starting to trickle back in some markets as the month goes on.

It's usually $595 to $895. They seem to charge different amounts at different times.

661 - 680 of 704 Posts