Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
681 - 700 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wondering how I did on my lease… after reading I feel like I might have gotten fleeced 😓

I did a one pay, 36 month 12,000 mile/year lease. OTD was $16,700 after $7500 tax incentive which comes out to about $670/month ($24,127 total lease) on a Rubi with MSRP of $66k. This is the first time I’ve leased a vehicle so be gentle haha. And if anyone wants to help me understand the way leasing works a little better I’m happy to learn.

The RV (I think I’m using that term correctly) is $42,000 which means if I decide to buy it out at the end of the lease that’s what I’ll owe (at least that’s the way it was explained to me). I’m just not sure the vehicle will be worth that at the end of the lease. If I pay it then I’d be all in at $69,014 for a $66,000 vehicle (assuming I pay sales tax on the $42k).

When I was at the dealership I totally spaced and did my math not accounting for the $7500 tax credit which made it seem like a MUCH better deal than it is…

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Wondering how I did on my lease… after reading I feel like I might have gotten fleeced 😓

I did a one pay, 36 month 12,000 mile/year lease. OTD was $16,700 after $7500 tax incentive which comes out to about $670/month ($24,127 total lease) on a Rubi with MSRP of $66k. This is the first time I’ve leased a vehicle so be gentle haha. And if anyone wants to help me understand the way leasing works a little better I’m happy to learn.

The RV (I think I’m using that term correctly) is $42,000 which means if I decide to buy it out at the end of the lease that’s what I’ll owe (at least that’s the way it was explained to me). I’m just not sure the vehicle will be worth that at the end of the lease. If I pay it then I’d be all in at $69,014 for a $66,000 vehicle (assuming I pay sales tax on the $42k).

When I was at the dealership I totally spaced and did my math not accounting for the $7500 tax credit which made it seem like a MUCH better deal than it is…
Let's clarify a bit here. Did you pay the dealership $16700 or did you pay the dealership $24200 and you're saying $16700 because you're expecting to get $7500 back on your taxes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let's clarify a bit here. Did you pay the dealership $16700 or did you pay the dealership $24200 and you're saying $16700 because you're expecting to get $7500 back on your taxes?
I paid $16,700 and got credit for the $7500. I can’t use the credit on my tax return because they gave it to me up front. The “due at lease signing” listed on the paperwork was $24,200

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I paid $16,700 and got credit for the $7500. I can’t use the credit on my tax return because they gave it to me up front. The “due at lease signing” listed on the paperwork was $24,200
Gotcha. I was worried that you were misinformed and were counting on the tax credit coming later.

To be a little pedantic, leases do not get the tax credit at all. The owner of the vehicle, the lessor, gets the tax credit. They then choose to pass on, or not, a lease incentive. In this case, they do, and it's an equivalent amount to the tax credit.

The relevance there is that your equivalent monthly payment on this one pay is $464/mo, not $670/mo. It doesn't make any sense to calculate that lease price without the $7500 incentive applied, as it is part of the lease programs. Just look at the cost you're paying.

As for if it's a good deal or not, you can't really directly compare monthlies against others out of context to answer that question. Where you're located can change things significantly, as different states handle taxes very differently and two identical deals in different states can easily be $100/mo apart.

Your best bet is to look at the piece parts. What was your selling price relative to msrp? What money factor did they end up charging you and was it marked up? How much in fees/add ons?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jeep is now at the dealership. Recap of timeline below. Unfortunate rates are higher and residual is lower but Im thankful nevertheless.

03/04 - Ordered
03/08 - VIN Provided
04/04 - Contacted Dealership, was notified “in paint”.
04/06 - Order was cancelled due to issue during build. New order generated with Replacement buildwith new VIN.
04/12 - Released from factory/in shipping
05/12 - Arrived at Dealership

Just right around 9 weeks

·
Registered
4xE Sahara
7 Posts
Email from Mark Dodge as of this morning. Order date 4/18:

"The build status is D1 with an estimated shipping date of 5/26.
Please note that the ‘estimated shipping date’ is about production and not that it will be boarding a train on that date.
As a general rule of thumb vehicles arrive to our dealership approximately 4-6 weeks after the estimated shipping date.

I think you can plan that the latest date we should see your vehicle on our lot should be 7/7".

·
Registered
93 Posts
Email from Mark Dodge as of this morning. Order date 4/18:

"The build status is D1 with an estimated shipping date of 5/26.
Please note that the ‘estimated shipping date’ is about production and not that it will be boarding a train on that date.
As a general rule of thumb vehicles arrive to our dealership approximately 4-6 weeks after the estimated shipping date.

I think you can plan that the latest date we should see your vehicle on our lot should be 7/7".
Wow that was a fast build! Mine was built late April and took about 4 weeks to the day to get to the dealership (Mark Dodge) so the shipping estimates are correct. About another week to get it delivered (mine is on the way). FYI my build was about 7 months total from order to delivery later this week.

·
Registered
4xE Sahara
7 Posts
Fast indeed! I reached out to jeep chat on the 24th, this was their response:

"I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current dealer ETA is 06/07/22-06/17/22". I assume that estimate might be when the car arrives at the rail yard, and it might take a few days to a week to arrive at the dealer..

·
Registered
45 Posts
My mid-Dec 2021 order High Altitude went into build last weekend and just finished on the 31st of May. It would normally be super exciting as I've been refreshing cryptostickers everyday, however I just re-ran the lease numbers for June and my one pay has moved from 12,900 to over $18k. It pretty much ruined my day yesterday but I am 99% going to just let the order go. I really only did this as the effective monthly was around $360. These recent numbers really suck badly.

·
Registered
4xE Sahara
7 Posts
My mid-Dec 2021 order High Altitude went into build last weekend and just finished on the 31st of May. It would normally be super exciting as I've been refreshing cryptostickers everyday, however I just re-ran the lease numbers for June and my one pay has moved from 12,900 to over $18k. It pretty much ruined my day yesterday but I am 99% going to just let the order go. I really only did this as the effective monthly was around $360. These recent numbers really suck badly.
How do you see the 'numbers' (mf/rv) for June?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone have any tips on what to look out for when receiving the 4xe from the car carrier?

Heard something about fuses (not sure where it's located), check the top for any damage, pair of keys, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4xE Sahara
7 Posts
Anyone have any tips on what to look out for when receiving the 4xe from the car carrier?

Heard something about fuses (not sure where it's located), check the top for any damage, pair of keys, etc.

Thanks!
Check the fuse box, I've seen videos where almost all fuses were loose (not sure if this was just with '21 4xe's, although it only takes 5 mins to do). They are top left corner of the engine bay in a black box

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
There are things you should do as part of your receiving inspection from the shipper... check for damage (particularly on the top, since that gets often overlooked), make sure the evse is there, you have the keys, books, that you have the needed registration paperwork from the dealer, etc.

Then there are things that aren't really related to receiving from the shipper directly that should be done immediately. Check the fuses, set the tire pressure (it's likely to ship with the tires way over inflated), check your fluid levels, etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow that was a fast build! Mine was built late April and took about 4 weeks to the day to get to the dealership (Mark Dodge) so the shipping estimates are correct. About another week to get it delivered (mine is on the way). FYI my build was about 7 months total from order to delivery later this week.
I'm a long time reader of the thread and this is my first post to pay back all the great intel received. Ordered March 19, in production April 12, built April 16, picked up at dealer June 16 - so just under 3 months for me. My tips - put down the $1k deposit and get your price in writing - my first dealer tried to mark-up the price when my December order hit the lot in March - I told him to bug off - and re-ordered through a reputable dealer and posted a deposit, while the first dealer said "fine" and marked up my Jeep $5k on the lot. Check to make sure your options aren't going to to delay your production - if I had ordered rugged floor mats my Jeep might still be in line. Jeep Chat is frustrating - the new online order tracking is worse - it still shows my Jeep is waiting to be shipped! Don't set your expectations on delivery date based on when the Jeep was built - mine took two months to California and rail/supply chain issues are slowing down delivery. (I sold my old car 2 weeks before delivery!) Yes check your fuses - I had three loose even after so-called pre-delivery inspection at the dealer. Air out your tires - mine came at 41 PSI. Use Leasehackr.com to get educated on how they can screw you, and to crosscheck your quoted lease terms. If you plan to One Pay your lease (through Chrysler Capital), which I did, make sure your dealer is ready for it - mine said they didn't have the software to produce it and that caused a half day delay in pick-up. Breathe - set delivery expectations low - it's worth waiting for - the 4xe isn't a new car - it's a whole new driving experience beyond my expectations! Sure it rides on the freeway like Mario Cart compared to my old Lexus GS 350, but that electric motor - so great! GLTA from a proud new member of the Jeep family!
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

681 - 700 of 704 Posts