Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems my window sticker and many others listed a Level 2 charger instead of level 1 as standard equipment. An attorney trolled this forum and got my contact info asking me to be primary plantif for FL in this suit.

I declined as I've found past class action suits do really well for the attorneys involved with little money left over for plantiffs. It would be nice to get a level 2 charger for free though. I wonder if @JeepCares would send everyone affected a free level 2 charger if they sign an agreement to stay out of the lawsuit?
Font Recipe Menu Document Paper

·
Registered
73 Posts
Heh, I actually noticed that on my own Monroney and got excited thinking it'd be a Tesla style cable - oh well. I didn't really think suing FCA would achieve anything though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the attorney AND the primary group that started the lawsuit make a lot of money while the joiners after the fact get nothing.
Yeah, he told me as primary, I'd do well, but I'm retired and way too busy having fun to get hung up in a lawsuit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I believe there’s a thread somewhere on the forum where it was clarified by FCA that the “Battery Charge Cord - Level 2” is not the same thing as a “Level 2 Charger”, and that the actual Level 1 charger provided has some sort of power rating outside of charging that equals level 2, hence the terminology on the paperwork.

I’d expect a lawsuit like this to get thrown out pretty quickly once a technical expert explains a cord does not equal a charger.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe there’s a thread somewhere on the forum where it was clarified by FCA that the “Battery Charge Cord - Level 2” is not the same thing as a “Level 2 Charger”, and that the actual Level 1 charger provided has some sort of power rating outside of charging that equals level 2, hence the terminology on the paperwork.

I’d expect a lawsuit like this to get thrown out pretty quickly once a technical expert explains a cord does not equal a charger.
Yep. Probably referring to the plug at the Jeep end. Should have just said "SAE J-1772 charger"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Heh, I actually noticed that on my own Monroney and got excited thinking it'd be a Tesla style cable - oh well. I didn't really think suing FCA would achieve anything though.
This is a Tesla style cable. The Tesla only includes a level 1 charger, same as 4XE. Level 2 wall boxes are sold separately.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a Tesla style cable. The Tesla only includes a level 1 charger, same as 4XE. Level 2 wall boxes are sold separately.
Tesla's charger is in fact level 2 with the correct plug adapter, eg. 240V at 30A. Originally Tesla included both the 120V (household) and 240V (NEMA14-50) adapters in the kit. But now only the 120V one is included. You have to get the other adapters from their store.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tesla's charger is in fact level 2 with the correct plug adapter, eg. 240V at 30A. Originally Tesla included both the 120V (household) and 240V (NEMA14-50) adapters in the kit. But now only the 120V one is included. You have to get the other adapters from their store.
Damn you’re right. You’d think after owning two of them I would have remembered. Never once used the level 2 adapter.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Interesting the blood suckers are interested more in a trivial wording issue and not some of the more serious issues reported.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I thought the level 2 cord had extra safety features. Jeep could have left that off and burned a few of our houses down instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts