·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was concerned with this and glad mine arrived late May. I heard the May residual number was considered bad and June may be better?

I can't say I ever understand any of this lol. My payment was a bit more than expected but it is what it is.

·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm kinda torn on what kind of residual I hope to get. I 100% intend to buy at the end of the lease, but I can only get the $7500 EV tax credit if I lease. So if I get a high residual, sure my depreciation payments may be less, but they may still get me on the back end.

·
Registered
428 Posts
So happy I leased in mid janurary and it’s been stuck in inspection status since mid april and my jeep is now 50% more expensive to lease than when I originally signed up for it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So happy I leased in mid janurary and it’s been stuck in inspection status since mid april and my jeep is now 50% more expensive to lease than when I originally signed up for it.
It is my understanding that when orders are placed we are subject to future RV and MF rates, and that the only thing locked in was our adj cap cost. In which case my Sahara 4xe w/ the new MF of .00205 and same RV will cost me about $2,200 more to lease with a one pay as opposed to when I calculated it using the March .00144 MF

Question I don't have answered though, is the RV calculated on the new MSRP (up $800 ish) since I ordered in March

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
It is my understanding that when orders are placed we are subject to future RV and MF rates, and that the only thing locked in was our adj cap cost. In which case my Sahara 4xe w/ the new MF of .00205 and same RV will cost me about $2,200 more to lease with a one pay as opposed to when I calculated it using the March .00144 MF

Question I don't have answered though, is the RV calculated on the new MSRP (up $800 ish) since I ordered in March
Residual value is based on the old, price protected msrp.

·
Registered
428 Posts

My one pay, total for everything, was $12,800 in janurary, now it’s $17,200

·
Registered
14 Posts
got it. That's helpful because when I ordered in March it was 64% for 36/30 sahara, now it's 61%.
As far as MF though I'm SOL if it continues to rise?
Same here. Mine (Rubicon) also was ordered in early March. Just got word yesterday the payment is now $150 more per month. I've been hearing a lot of people are cancelling. The rates should be locked in. Not our fault it took over 3 months.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same here. Mine (Rubicon) also was ordered in early March. Just got word yesterday the payment is now $150 more per month. I've been hearing a lot of people are cancelling. The rates should be locked in. Not our fault it took over 3 months.
yikes. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the MF is necessary at all in the instance of a one pay lease. If anything it should be a negative MF because I'm giving all the money up front.
Def seems like Jeep did a bait-and-switch. "Here order this vehicle with .00144 MF and 64% residual and give us your $500 to use in the meantime" - {3 months later} - "Yea so we decided to get greedy and drop the residual and raise the MF. Oh you don't want it? We'll sell it on the lot for 10k over markup."

I'm on the fence of cancelling mine. I didn't even want one, but it was a stellar deal in an inflated market.
Luckily I used my AMEX for the deposit and know I can get that back.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
yikes. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the MF is necessary at all in the instance of a one pay lease. If anything it should be a negative MF because I'm giving all the money up front.
Def seems like Jeep did a bait-and-switch. "Here order this vehicle with .00144 MF and 64% residual and give us your $500 to use in the meantime" - {3 months later} - "Yea so we decided to get greedy and drop the residual and raise the MF. Oh you don't want it? We'll sell it on the lot for 10k over markup."

I'm on the fence of cancelling mine. I didn't even want one, but it was a stellar deal in an inflated market.
Luckily I used my AMEX for the deposit and know I can get that back.
You're conflating a couple different things here... the rent charge on a one pay (which makes perfect sense if you keep in mind you're still tying up their asset for several years, you're just lowering their risk by paying it all up front, hence the discount) and the change in lease terms comes from the bank. The dealer has no say or involvement in these things.

Keeping it on the lot because you don't want to buy it comes from the dealer. The bank has no involvement in that.

They're two separate companies, neither of which are Jeep.

Interest rates across the board have gone up in the past few months. It shouldn't be any surprise that the effective interest rate here would follow suit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You're conflating a couple different things here... the rent charge on a one pay (which makes perfect sense if you keep in mind you're still tying up their asset for several years, you're just lowering their risk by paying it all up front, hence the discount) and the change in lease terms comes from the bank. The dealer has no say or involvement in these things.

Keeping it on the lot because you don't want to buy it comes from the dealer. The bank has no involvement in that.

They're two separate companies, neither of which are Jeep.

Interest rates across the board have gone up in the past few months. It shouldn't be any surprise that the effective interest rate here would follow suit.
I'm not conflating anything. I'd be financing through Chrysler Capital. Yea, it's "a bank" but the bank is ran by FCA. FCA can make up whatever MF or RV they want. They're arbitrary numbers that can be manipulated to incentivize/deincentivize sales. (Nissan had a 99% RV on a Frontier a couple months ago if you financed through them. Think the local credit union would honor 99% RV?). Also, the fed raised rates in March, and the MF didn't change until June. So when people were getting 30 yr mortgages in March, April, May at 6%, Jeep was still leasing Wranglers at 2.9%

Additionally, if I back out and the dealer sells my $57K Jeep on the lot for $67K, take a guess who they're going to finance through? FCA. Sure, the $10k profit is all for the dealer, but the extra interest $ on that extra $10k goes straight to FCA in the likely event whoever buys it doesn't pay cash.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I'd be financing through Chrysler Capital. Yea, it's "a bank" but the bank is ran by FCA
No it isn't. Ccap is a 3rd party bank (Santander) that uses the Chrysler name under license. Unlike most manufactures, it is not a captive bank.

Stellantis is currently trying to set up a captive bank to get away from Santander, but it is likely still years out.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah now imagine how much it hurts when you ordered in janurary and your sitting there waiting for your build to get out of inspection status, you’re already pissed its taking way longer than the 12 weeks you were told to expect, and then your lease cost goes up in may, and then again in june.

·
Registered
428 Posts
This is incorrect. Mf increased significantly from .00144 to .00184 in May, with a smaller increase in June
What do you think about leasing now? If you like the 4xe but not obsessed with it.

Any idea what they are selling for right now?

Thinking about taking it for the summer then unloading it

1 - 20 of 112 Posts