Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Would any of you be able to point to literature that states in the event of a total loss, a one pay lessee will receive a prorated amount? Is this a perk of CCAP or covered in their GAP ins?
Only reason I'm asking is because I don't recall seeing it and my dealer just informed me in event of total loss I'm out the money!

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Would any of you be able to point to literature that states in the event of a total loss, a one pay lessee will receive a prorated amount? Is this a perk of CCAP or covered in their GAP ins?
Only reason I'm asking is because I don't recall seeing it and my dealer just informed me in event of total loss I'm out the money!

Thanks,
There's a section in the contract that discusses it. Its not quite as simple as just getting a chunk of your amount back. You get the lesser of the difference between the realized value at termination and the adjusted lease balance or a prorated amount of your single payment.

If the realized value is under the adjusted lease balance, then gap kicks in and you don't get anything back.

Handwriting Font Wood Art Writing

The deficiency would come into play if they repossessed the vehicle and had a bunch of storage fees associated with it, etc

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's a section in the contract that discusses it. Its not quite as simple as just getting a chunk of your amount back. You get the lesser of the difference between the realized value at termination and the adjusted lease balance or a prorated amount of your single payment.

If the realized value is under the adjusted lease balance, then gap kicks in and you don't get anything back.

The deficiency would come into play if they repossessed the vehicle and had a bunch of storage fees associated with it, etc
WOW! Thanks!

So the $7,500 tax credit is basically a buffer, right?

Example. I one pay $17k for $58kMSRP Jeep that has a $35k Residual.
After 12 mos I total it. Insurance says it's worth $48k.

$48k-$35k residual = Roughly $13k for me?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
WOW! Thanks!

So the $7,500 tax credit is basically a buffer, right?

Example. I one pay $17k for $58kMSRP Jeep that has a $35k Residual.
After 12 mos I total it. Insurance says it's worth $48k.

$48k-$35k residual = Roughly $13k for me?
I think in that case they'd say that you got back the prorated 2/3rds of your $17k rather than the $13k as that's the lesser of the two values.

·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Did anyone ever find it documented/advertised anywhere that CCAP is covering sales tax on leases in Texas? I was told this by 2 different dealerships, and was even told that Ally bank end up at 1.0% sales tax, and some other leasor ends up at 1.5%.....
But I can't find ANY reference to this policy/rumor ANYWHERE. It sure would be nice to see this documented somewhere. If this isn't the case anymore, my lease payment just went up $171.71/mo. F-that

·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Just FYI for everyone on the thread. I made my order back in April, quoted at 460 a month. Closed today in July and my payment was quoted at 630.
Without looking to pry, can you give me a bit of the details please?
MSRP -
Net Cap cost-
Residual-
Money factor-
Taxes-

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is absolutely insane. My payment was only 470/mo when I ordered my car in March. It is now 715/mo and my car hasn’t even been delivered to the dealer yet. Beyond upset!

·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
This is absolutely insane. My payment was only 470/mo when I ordered my car in March. It is now 715/mo and my car hasn’t even been delivered to the dealer yet. Beyond upset!
That seems like a pretty extreme difference, like way more than the difference in the Money Factor change alone would make. What are your numbers and where are you getting them?

·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·

Sigh. My Jeep is currently being shipped to the dealer. No way I get it before another money factor hit.
After 22 weeks of bitching, I'm getting in just under the wire. I pick my Jeep up Friday. Ends up being $1497 more than it would have been 2 months ago. Though, it will also be interesting if the dealership adds to the current .00222 (5.33%) published tier 1 MF. There are several "little" markups that are allowed. The whole process has exhausted my patience. Never again.

On a related note, if I win the lottery Friday, I'll be buying the Jeep outright, and giving it away. So fingers crossed, you may get a Jeep soon. ;-)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ordered my Rubicon 4xe on 4/30 and picked it up in TN yesterday…..now on the way to Annapolis, MD. 20.7 MPG after 550 miles. Great dealer experience through the entire process…..wish I had beaten the MF increases but all in all still a great deal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After 22 weeks of bitching, I'm getting in just under the wire. I pick my Jeep up Friday. Ends up being $1497 more than it would have been 2 months ago. Though, it will also be interesting if the dealership adds to the current .00222 (5.33%) published tier 1 MF. There are several "little" markups that are allowed. The whole process has exhausted my patience. Never again.

On a related note, if I win the lottery Friday, I'll be buying the Jeep outright, and giving it away. So fingers crossed, you may get a Jeep soon. ;-)
My Jeep still might roll into the dealer within the week. Also, they don't update financials until the 5th I believe, there's some buffer there. But understanding your more than likely lottery winnings, I'll wait till Friday before signing any paperwork. 😂

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ends up being $1497 more than it would have been 2 months ago. Though, it will also be interesting if the dealership adds to the current .00222 (5.33%) published tier 1 MF. There are several "little" markups that are allowed. The whole process has exhausted my patience. Never again.
at lease end when you buy it and sell it for $7k more than it's comically conservative RV, maybe you'll feel differently. That's the big picture I'm looking towards. My wife gets to drive a $58k Jeep for 3 years and if I can make back $7k at lease end it would have cost me just $10,000

This will be a story I tell to my grandkids someday about the David deal in Goliath auto market.

·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
at lease end when you buy it and sell it for $7k more than it's comically conservative RV, maybe you'll feel differently. That's the big picture I'm looking towards. My wife gets to drive a $58k Jeep for 3 years and if I can make back $7k at lease end it would have cost me just $10,000

This will be a story I tell to my grandkids someday about the David deal in Goliath auto market.
I get that historically Jeeps hold their value, but we're entering into a comically devastating economic collapse. That's the story you'll be telling your grandkids about.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts