Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Idaho! Let this serve as both new member intro and recall info to share with the group.

Received a call today from the dealer. There was a software flash released Friday and they are scheduled to come to the house and handle the flash here in the garage (yes, they are coming to me!).

Three items they mentioned:
  1. Transmission update to address the hard shift from second gear to first
  2. Improve battery pack performance
  3. Powertrain - she didn't have details on this one.

I'll keep you updated once completed (scheduled 9/7 due to vacation).

·
Registered
613 Posts
Oh, there was mention on Wrangler4xEFans that they were hoping to put the lock back on Max Regen in an upcoming software update.

My service department so would not do that home service, lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
And let us know if you already had the latching Max Regen software update ? So that people can try to figure if their new cars have this update or not

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh, there was mention on Wrangler4xEFans that they were hoping to put the lock back on Max Regen in an upcoming software update.

My service department so would not do that home service, lol.
I saw an interesting interview (Ask the Expert about the 4xe) regarding Max Regen that leads me to believe it's the least understood feature of the 4xe. Apparently even with it off, the vehicle automatically optimizes the hybrid brakes to Regen as much as possible without compromising stopping distance. Therefore if you make gradual stops, in reality you are utilizing Max Regen.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yes, my take from watch the eco coach is that you get max, or near max, efficient braking.

Since we have a generator, it makes for a new way to engage braking.

It's great in the mountains or twisty roads. It's a little more to master in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does your Mopar app show any recals or campaigns?

I'm wondering if you are part of an initial test given the white glove treatment.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
70 Posts
Originally had appointment to take my 4xe in for the ball joints/castle nuts problem today, while there, my VIN popped 5 software update notices. All that was seen listed were not very helpful:

RRT21-122
RRT21-123
RRT21-124
RRT21-126
RRT21-127

No other details. The service counter guy had no clue, but scheduled to go in for all that on Wednesday as it may be a few hours. Hope it doesn’t break anything that’s been working perfectly thus far... never had to worry about all these software issues with my uncomplicated JKU.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just hope for myself and for the community. I have an open ticket but likely won't get any answer.

I had to contact the service department and notify them after reading this. So the engineers on my case likely haven't reached out.

@JeepCares, any word on if this update helps or addresses the highway shutdown issue?

·
Registered
70 Posts
It seems like dealerships weren’t instructed to proactively notify customers of the 5 software/firmware updates currently available. This leaves it up to owners to take the initiative to visit the service department for any reason then get the service bulletins applied to your case as part of the appointment.

I see another forum member got the same updates 2 days ago while in for some other matter.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
So we gotta go for service and mention we want all these updates or they will never be applied??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had mine into service yesterday to tighten the ball joints as it was clicking while turning.
Uploaded the 5 software/firmware initiatives (felt that this process took longer than the technicians anticipated) and had me on my way.

Noticed that
Max regen - now locks to last set position.

Will be doing more testing tomorrow to see if any other differences are noticed.

They fixed the clicking - passenger side ball joint needed to be tightened.

Good luck everyone

·
Registered
70 Posts
So we gotta go for service and mention we want all these updates or they will never be applied??
They’ll get applied eventually when you’re in for oil change or... ball joints. Also, I didn’t request for it as I hadn’t known about it. Service counter just entered my VIN into their computer and saw the service notices for my vehicle. I was in for the clicking noise, but, they stupidly scheduled me in for Monday when I called in a couple days prior, only for me to show up to be told “the suspension guy isn’t in until Wednesday”. So they have a single guy in charge of each different component of a vehicle it seems. Anyhow, I don’t think it’d hurt if you called in or dropped in to get them to check your vin and book an appointment as it takes 2-3 hours or at least they kept my vehicle for roughly 3-3.5 hours.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
They’ll get applied eventually when you’re in for oil change or... ball joints. Also, I didn’t request for it as I hadn’t known about it. Service counter just entered my VIN into their computer and saw the service notices for my vehicle. I was in for the clicking noise, but, they stupidly scheduled me in for Monday when I called in a couple days prior, only for me to show up to be told “the suspension guy isn’t in until Wednesday”. So they have a single guy in charge of each different component of a vehicle it seems. Anyhow, I don’t think it’d hurt if you called in or dropped in to get them to check your vin and book an appointment as it takes 2-3 hours or at least they kept my vehicle for roughly 3-3.5 hours.
Thanks. What a pita…

·
Registered
613 Posts
I checked with my service department but they have no software updates listed for my VIN. :mad: I only just got the backup lines a couple weeks ago.

They did say there was a recall on a cable involving some kind of "feel" but they didn't have the part in.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts