Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks !

I would like to install the AUX Switches on my new Wrangler. I have watched many videos on YouTube
and it sounds great to control future new items and also, to control the noisy Pedestrian Warning Sound...

But..

I am not sure if it's really compatible with a Wrangler 4xe. Do you have feedbacks about this ?

Thanks

Vinz

Product Font Automotive design Auto part Rectangle

· Registered
35 Posts
I installed the kit myself and had the dealer update the system when they performed the software update required by Jeep.
The only issue I had was the placement of the relay module, it didn't really fit where they wanted it to.
They showed the harness doubling back to the passenger side somewhere.
I ended up Zip tying on the drivers side fender well.
The programming update in Uconnect took a couple of power cycles to appear correctly but has been there consistently since then.
i haven't tied in any of the power leads yet to confirm their correctness but they seem to program properly.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have been trying to get a price on a dealer installing the Aux Switches on my 22 Rubicon 4XE. The dealer I bought it from said it couldn't be done. I left my name and number with the second dealer and never got a reply. Today I went to a third dealership......Parts cost $422.40 (tax included), Labor 4.5 hours (~$850) and they said it would take a least 2 days because they had to power down everything. This sounds a little ridiculous to me. Anyway its not worth that price for me.

· Registered
3,746 Posts
I have been trying to get a price on a dealer installing the Aux Switches on my 22 Rubicon 4XE. The dealer I bought it from said it couldn't be done. I left my name and number with the second dealer and never got a reply. Today I went to a third dealership......Parts cost $422.40 (tax included), Labor 4.5 hours (~$850) and they said it would take a least 2 days because they had to power down everything. This sounds a little ridiculous to me. Anyway its not worth that price for me.
Take it to an offroad shop instead of a jeep dealer

· Registered
2022 JLU 4xe Rubicon | Granite Crystal Metallic
93 Posts
I had inquired about the Mopar Aux Switches (82215798AE), they apparently need to be programmed into the vehicle/UConnect. The dealer was costing all the parts @ MSRP so based on his quote the labour portion was about equivalent to US$302. I ended up getting the VOSwitch JL300, it doesn't need any programming of the vehicle and gives me a couple extra switches. I haven't gotten around to installing it yet due to other tasks with a higher priority.

· Registered
3 Posts
I had inquired about the Mopar Aux Switches (82215798AE), they apparently need to be programmed into the vehicle/UConnect. The dealer was costing all the parts @ MSRP so based on his quote the labour portion was about equivalent to US$302. I ended up getting the VOSwitch JL300, it doesn't need any programming of the vehicle and gives me a couple extra switches. I haven't gotten around to installing it yet due to other tasks with a higher priority.
Looking forward to hearing how this worked out for you. Thinking of pulling the trigger on this down the road as well...except with possibly the JL800. There is almost no feedback available for this model however.

· Registered
5 Posts

· Registered
2022 JLU 4xe Rubicon | Granite Crystal Metallic
93 Posts
Hey did you ever install this switch on your rig? I’m currently looking at the VoSwitch JL300 and wanted to get some feedback on it.
Unfortunately, life in general got in the way and its still sitting on my bench waiting to be installed. The kit seems reasonably well built. Hopefully, things will settle down and I can get it installed.

· Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately, life in general got in the way and its still sitting on my bench waiting to be installed. The kit seems reasonably well built. Hopefully, things will settle down and I can get it installed.
Definitely understandable, but hopefully I can get them installed sometime this month or next. Hopefully it will be smooth process.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts