Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Sahara 4xe on 13 March. Dealer indicated up to 12 weeks for delivery. Is that what buyers are experiencing or is it shorter than 12 weeks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
8-12 weeks is typical in the auto industry. There is an issue with 4xe's right now, what exactly I don't know, but FCA has been producing them since mid December and not shipped a single one that I know of. My 4xe went from order to built-in 2 weeks which is very fast and was supposed to be shipped on the 3/4 with delivery at the dealer 2 weeks later. Well three weeks later and sitting in a storage location at the plant waiting to be released and shipped. FCA and the dealer don't have an eta on when it will be released. The good news for you I bet they are close to resolving whatever the issue is and yours won't take as long as people who ordered them in dec and jan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8-12 weeks is typical in the auto industry. There is an issue with 4xe's right now, what exactly I don't know, but FCA has been producing them since mid December and not shipped a single one that I know of. My 4xe went from order to built-in 2 weeks which is very fast and was supposed to be shipped on the 3/4 with delivery at the dealer 2 weeks later. Well three weeks later and sitting in a storage location at the plant waiting to be released and shipped. FCA and the dealer don't have an eta on when it will be released. The good news for you I bet they are close to resolving whatever the issue is and yours won't take as long as people who ordered them in dec and jan.
Thanks for the info. Was told today my jeep is at "paint"

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered mine on the 19th a week after yours. they told me the standard 12 weeks delivery, It doesn't look like it will be that long. I hope what ever issues "silent bishop" is talking about has been resolved. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ordered my Sahara 4xe on 13 March. Dealer indicated up to 12 weeks for delivery. Is that what buyers are experiencing or is it shorter than 12 weeks.
12 weeks is what you should expect barring any delays. Good news is that there doesn't seem to be any issues with Jeep production/deliveries so far.

·
Registered
120 Posts
How did you spec your Sahara 4xe? Are you okay with the 12 week timeline or is it beyond what you were originally expecting?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered my Sahara 4xe on March 1st. It's original estimated ship date was March 20th. I followed up with dealer on the 22nd. Its current status is Shipped to Storage and has a new estimated Ship Date of April 6th.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered my Sahara 4xe on March 1st. It's original estimated ship date was March 20th. I followed up with dealer on the 22nd. Its current status is Shipped to Storage and has a new estimated Ship Date of April 6th.
Welcome @jmp120. What is your VIN number? If you didn't get it, do you know when?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats @jmp120, Welcome to the forum! Are you a new Jeep owner or have you owned them before?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome @jmp120. What is your VIN number? If you didn't get it, do you know when?
Thanks! Here's my build sheet: https://cryptostickers.net/default?nick=jmp120

Congrats @jmp120, Welcome to the forum! Are you a new Jeep owner or have you owned them before?
Thanks! I am a new Jeep owner. I've wanted one for a while but could never justify the low mpg until the 4xe. I do a lot of commuting for work. I'd rent them for vacations often, though. Looking forward to having one in the driveway.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks! Here's my build sheet: https://cryptostickers.net/default?nick=jmp120

Thanks! I am a new Jeep owner. I've wanted one for a while but could never justify the low mpg until the 4xe. I do a lot of commuting for work. I'd rent them for vacations often, though. Looking forward to having one in the driveway.
Very exciting news then for your first Jeep! Which color did you choose?

·
Registered
16 Posts
whatever was holding up 4xe's from shipping it seems to be resolved, my dealer has 4 on order, and all 4 were released from storage Friday 2 of the 4 are on a train as of this morning, remaining two expected by Monday. then it's a short (lol) 14 day trip across the country to Washington state

·
Registered
2 Posts
Till about 2 days ago the partner and I were on the hard top option, but looking at space that storage of the hardtop would take when we take it off - it was a no no for us. We live in an apartment and having a place to put the hard top when off was a blocker.

Now trying to find an 'on order' at the dealership with the one touch, advanced safety, cold weather and offroad camera seem to be near impossible. The offroad camera and steel bumpers can be fitted after market, but the ACC on the advanced safety was something I'd really want.

The one-touch apparently has part shortages too? Fingers cross, placing a custom order today with a dealership - hopefully don't have a 1.5 year wait like i did with the Rav4 prime haha

But yes - to the post, alot of dealers i have been in talks with had all their on order JS shipped this weekend - Jeep hinted a Q1 ship out, and well they kept their word - just a couple of days before the end of Q1 - they all shipped out!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very exciting news then for your first Jeep! Which color did you choose?
I was considering Hydro Blue but when I saw a Cherokee with that color in person at the dealer, it wasn't quite what I thought it would be. I decided to go with Granite.

I just notified that my 4xe actually left Ohio yesterday and is sitting in storage at a train yard in Michigan waiting for its journey to PA. It's supposed to arrive on April 6th.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Till about 2 days ago the partner and I were on the hard top option, but looking at space that storage of the hardtop would take when we take it off - it was a no no for us. We live in an apartment and having a place to put the hard top when off was a blocker.

Now trying to find an 'on order' at the dealership with the one touch, advanced safety, cold weather and offroad camera seem to be near impossible. The offroad camera and steel bumpers can be fitted after market, but the ACC on the advanced safety was something I'd really want.

The one-touch apparently has part shortages too? Fingers cross, placing a custom order today with a dealership - hopefully don't have a 1.5 year wait like i did with the Rav4 prime haha

But yes - to the post, alot of dealers i have been in talks with had all their on order JS shipped this weekend - Jeep hinted a Q1 ship out, and well they kept their word - just a couple of days before the end of Q1 - they all shipped out!
Welcome to the forum @Jalsush! How did your meeting go with your dealer? Did you place your order?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I still held back, another dealer told me that they can put in the order but the sky one touch and cold weather ( live in canada , so need those heated seats/steering wheel ) are 'restricted' order and could be indefinetly delayed a custom order. Not sure if it was just a sales ploy to make me rush and 'adjust' to closing on one of their already incoming units or if its actually true

·
Registered
120 Posts
I still held back, another dealer told me that they can put in the order but the sky one touch and cold weather ( live in canada , so need those heated seats/steering wheel ) are 'restricted' order and could be indefinetly delayed a custom order. Not sure if it was just a sales ploy to make me rush and 'adjust' to closing on one of their already incoming units or if its actually true
Are you also trying other local dealers if there are any? Would be interested in knowing what they tell you.
With 4xe's showing up you might be able to spot one while at the dealer!

·
Registered
231 Posts
You might want to try some more dealers to see what they say. It might be some kind of a tactic to pressure you. I don't know why those options would be "restricted".

·
Registered
3 Posts
whatever was holding up 4xe's from shipping it seems to be resolved, my dealer has 4 on order, and all 4 were released from storage Friday 2 of the 4 are on a train as of this morning, remaining two expected by Monday. then it's a short (lol) 14 day trip across the country to Washington state
I am in Seattle and would want to order one

where are you?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts