Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that a PHEV qualifies in AZ for reduced registration fees. I found this information from the state legislature site.

”Notwithstanding section 28-5801, the registering officer shall collect at the time of application for and before registration of the motor vehicle that is classified under this section an annual license tax of $4 for each $100 in value. The motor vehicle value is determined as follows:
1. For a motor vehicle that is registered in this state before January 1, 2022, the value of the motor vehicle is one percent of the manufacturer's base retail price of the motor vehicle. After the first twelve months of the life of the motor vehicle as determined by its initial registration, the value of the motor vehicle is fifteen percent less for each twelve-month period than the value for the preceding twelve-month period. “

Using this calculation of the 1% retail price for my Rubicon, I come up with the following.
1% of the value of the Approximate Retail price of $66,000 is $660
$4 of tax for each $100 of value of $660 = $26.4

I paid over $800 for my registration fees. Is this vehicle not eligible for the lower fees or am I missing something?
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was under the impression that a PHEV qualifies in AZ for reduced registration fees. I found this information from the state legislature site.

”Notwithstanding section 28-5801, the registering officer shall collect at the time of application for and before registration of the motor vehicle that is classified under this section an annual license tax of $4 for each $100 in value. The motor vehicle value is determined as follows:
1. For a motor vehicle that is registered in this state before January 1, 2022, the value of the motor vehicle is one percent of the manufacturer's base retail price of the motor vehicle. After the first twelve months of the life of the motor vehicle as determined by its initial registration, the value of the motor vehicle is fifteen percent less for each twelve-month period than the value for the preceding twelve-month period. “

Using this calculation of the 1% retail price for my Rubicon, I come up with the following.
1% of the value of the Approximate Retail price of $66,000 is $660
$4 of tax for each $100 of value of $660 = $26.4

I paid over $800 for my registration fees. Is this vehicle not eligible for the lower fees or am I missing something?
Thanks for any help!
I believe this is only for AFVs. As of last year, PHEVs no longer qualify as AFVs in AZ.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well dang. This would have been nice. My AZ registration was $865.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts