Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up my Sahara 4xE from the dealer this morning after a repair. I was more excited to get it back than I even was when I purchased it on 05/12/21. The part took 2 weeks to come in after the problem was diagnosed. Total time without it was about 2.5 weeks.

By late this afternoon I was getting more warning lights than I had before the repair. Then by the evening my 4xE would not start and needs to be towed to the dealer.

I love my 4xE but Jeep needs to address the vehicle issues and the time without the vehicle. There is no guarantee of a loaner and the daily rental reimbursement is only $35/day not to mention the hassle of all of it.

Can one of the powers that be at Jeep please reach out to me? @JeepCares

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just picked up my Sahara 4xE from the dealer this morning after a repair. I was more excited to get it back than I even was when I purchased it on 05/12/21. The part took 2 weeks to come in after the problem was diagnosed. Total time without it was about 2.5 weeks.

By late this afternoon I was getting more warning lights than I had before the repair. Then by the evening my 4xE would not start and needs to be towed to the dealer.

I love my 4xE but Jeep needs to address the vehicle issues and the time without the vehicle. There is no guarantee of a loaner and the daily rental reimbursement is only $35/day not to mention the hassle of all of it.

Can one of the powers that be at Jeep please reach out to me? #JeepCares
I started a conversation with JeepCares yesterday about the similar problem I am having. They have not responded yet, but in the past I have received responses. So hopefully they will get back to you as well.

·
Registered
590 Posts
What was the original problem? It's not unusual to get a non-working vehicle back from service. This is most brands these days and seems to be more the norm. It's not because we have some exotic new tech, PHEVs have been around a long while now.

I suspect an hour or two to diagnose when it gets in. Then the Jeep sits untouched on the lot for weeks (if not months) while factory guesses at the problem, then parts are ordered. Finally part comes in and the job is rushed and handed back to the owner.

I've long suspected the service reps call you back in before the tecs even finish/start their work.

Another issue with modern cars is mechanics are having to perform IT/engineering work in the field and relying on remote assistance. Then poor error reporting/diagnosis in the software systems. The techs in the field often aren't skilled enough or allowed to do deep trouble shooting.

Anyway, all guessing and my $0.02 worth of analysis with what's wrong with the modern dealership service departments.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The original diagnosed problem was the IDCM. The dealer replaced it, performed the recall that was announced while it was at the dealer, and performed new software updates.

The original issue was my 4xE would not charge. After charging normally for 3 months it started tripping my 50 amp breaker whenever I attempted to charge. Furthermore it ruined my charger. It appears that a short had developed in my 4xE. It initially ran on electric until the charge was spent and then on the gas engine. In addition , the check engine light was on. After I dropped it off at the dealer it would no longer start.

As far as my dealer, they were great. They did not rush and kept me updated throughout the process. I just want a lasting repair.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Can one of the powers that be at Jeep please reach out to me? @JeepCares
We would be happy to discuss your concerns further, Wrangler2112. Send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Appreciate you bringing this thread to our attention, Shakes!

Kate
Jeep Cares
I started a conversation with JeepCares yesterday about the similar problem I am having. They have not responded yet, but in the past I have received responses. So hopefully they will get back to you as well.
Hi, DoctorKBG. Sorry for the delay. I will be digging into private messages shortly. I appreciate your patience.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Reactions: Shakes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone actually gotten anything from Jeep for prolonged time at the dealer? I am now almost at 60 days and all I get from the JeepCares representative is a one sentence email every couple weeks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has anyone actually gotten anything from Jeep for prolonged time at the dealer? I am now almost at 60 days and all I get from the JeepCares representative is a one sentence email every couple weeks.
Did they give you a loner car?

·
Registered
30 Posts
You need to escalate your case and call your Jeep cares rep and demand compensation or request a buy back. It qualifies for lemon law. If you don’t ask for anything you won’t get anything. I originally asked for compensation and got 3 months worth of car payments.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You need to escalate your case and call your Jeep cares rep and demand compensation or request a buy back. It qualifies for lemon law. If you don’t ask for anything you won’t get anything. I originally asked for compensation and got 3 months worth of car payments.
I did this about a month ago once it qualified and I never get a clear answer. The latest was they would 'look into it'. No one ever answers a live phone call because they need to stick to their script.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update-I got my 4xE back after a few days. As it turns out it was related to the previous repair. They did not torque the bolts that connect the electrical cable to the high voltage battery to the required specifications. As a result the connection failed. The service tech drove it for a day to deplete the battery a couple of times and charge it to 100%. So far so good.

I am happy that they were able to correct the issue so quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts