Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, just got my new Sahara 4xE a week ago today. The back up camera at first was showing the guide lines when going in reverse and now is not showing them anymore. Wondering if I accidentally touched something to remove them. Any recommendations on how to get them back? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. Sometimes the lines show and sometimes they don’t. I read this is a backup camera module problem with some JLs and JTs

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a setting to turn the lines on/off but it doesn’t respond when you do this. It is a problem with the camera or sensor itself.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Push the two big buttons in for about 20 seconds. It will reset the Uconnect system. This should be in dealer training before key handover.

It's a bug that's been in many FCA vehicles for two or three years now from what I've read. Read somewhere a fix is coming out perhaps this quarter? Just my second hand internet knowledge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I told my dealership about this. Apparently, they are just replacing the radio unit entirely.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I told my dealership about this. Apparently, they are just replacing the radio unit entirely.
I don't think it will help but it will make the dealership some money. If every single impacted owner (which is every owner) stared doing this they might get around to actually fixing the problem. In researching, it's possible this issue could be lemon lawed depending on the state.

Let us know if the new one is any better. Hopefully, you don't have any hassle with Guardian or the Uconnect app.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All, just got my new Sahara 4xE a week ago today. The back up camera at first was showing the guide lines when going in reverse and now is not showing them anymore. Wondering if I accidentally touched something to remove them. Any recommendations on how to get them back? Thanks
I had same issue. Dealer told me to reset it. Press and hold volume and tuning button until system resets. About 15-20 secs.

Lines were back.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think it's every two days now. I'd be happy for 3. I'm wondering if it may be something I'm doing that taxes the system too much. I use Android Auto, Off Road pages, and Sirius XM mostly. The OEM navigation is a bit low resolution so I stick to AA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it's every two days now. I'd be happy for 3. I'm wondering if it may be something I'm doing that taxes the system too much. I use Android Auto, Off Road pages, and Sirius XM mostly. The OEM navigation is a bit low resolution so I stick to AA.
I think mine went out after I used off road app.

·
Registered
Wrangler Sahara 4xe
15 Posts
I realized this two days ago ( 9 days after pick up )
Comes and goes, frustrating
I’ll try resetting

·
Registered
12 Posts
My whole back up camera went out the second day home, but was back on that afternoon. Lines have gone out once or twice too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well it’s frustrating. Had a 18 and a 19 before the 4xe and it never happened. Now with having 4xe for 5 days, sometimes I get guidelines and sometimes I don’t. Please Jeep get a fix out for this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine does this as well. Not sure if resetting will help or not but will try tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 59 Posts