Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just took delivery of my 4xE on Monday. Backup guides disappeared on Wednesday. Found a solution on another Jeep forum that just worked for me. Turn the Jeep off. Start in Park and Emergency Break On; wait 20 to 30 seconds, which is a good idea anyway to let the care get going, I played with the radio; then release break and shift transmission to Reverse. The guidelines were back. So, I will start with this delay always. I think it allows UConnect to completely boot and get going. Try it and let me know if this works for others. Not sure I am ready to be "an early adopter" of this new "computer on wheels"!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The same problem happened today to my new Jeep 4xe. I took delivery last Wednesday and it only has 188 miles on it. I will give your solution a try. Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am dealing with the same issue since day 2, it happens everytime I clean the rear camera. I ha
The same problem happened today to my new Jeep 4xe. I took delivery last Wednesday and it only has 188 miles on it. I will give your solution a try. Thanks for posting this.
that happens every time I clean the camera. To fix ot I have to go into the settings, uncheck it and check back the lines. Turn off the Jeep and finally, turn the engine on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi everyone-- sorry to hear about the intermittent problems you've been having with your back-up gridlines. If any of you would like any support while working with your dealer to get this addressed, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be happy to look into it and offer support where we can.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone-- sorry to hear about the intermittent problems you've been having with your back-up gridlines. If any of you would like any support while working with your dealer to get this addressed, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be happy to look into it and offer support where we can.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Courtney, Excuse my ignorance on how to use the forum. I am new to jeep and forum participation. How do I send you a private message? I do want your support so your guidance on how to send a private message is appreciated.

Regards,

Mike B

·
Registered
50 Posts
Courtney, Excuse my ignorance on how to use the forum. I am new to jeep and forum participation. How do I send you a private message? I do want your support so your guidance on how to send a private message is appreciated.

Regards,

Mike B
Don’t know if this will help you as I use the Tapatalk app but I just click on the users name and “message” is one of the big buttons that pops up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ours have poofed away a few times, they generally come back after a power/start recycle or two - the HU reset doesn't last but works initially - I'd hazard a guess it's a software issue and could be / should be, corrected by a uConnect update.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine went away and I went into settings, checked it off then back on again, and they came back next time I started the Jeep. However they have gone away again and stayed off for several driving cycles now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After several days this is what I have noticed. If I put a full charge on the battery the backup lines work regardless of battery status until I plug it in again. Once it is plugged in again if I unplug it before it has a full charge then the lines disappear until I gets another full charge. Looking for someone else to test and verify this trend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
If anyone needs assistance while working with their dealers to make sure this gets properly taken care of, please send our @JeepCares team a private message so we can get that support arranged for you!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

21 - 33 of 33 Posts