Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got in today, the backup camera didn't work. The screen was completely black like it wasn't getting signal. I got out and checked the back, opened and shut, restarted, but it still didn't work. I tried using the uconnect and settings back up camera, and it showed the same black screen with an X to exit back. Frustrated and running late, I continued on, but when I started back up less than an hour later, it worked as expected.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is this a wiring issue or could it bet related to what I experienced on our first road trip?

I don't want to bring it in if it's not doing it anymore since if they can't reproduce it, what can they do to fix it. Am I wrong in my thinking?

All advice is welcomed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a pretty common issue that is popping up recently. I believe it has something to do with the most recent Uconnect firmware update (since they added the "off-road pages"). There are a bunch of threads if you search google. I had a similar issue with mine, not full blackout, but the backup camera guide-lines disappeared.

Some say just letting your jeep sit off and parked for a full day and night will do the trick (worked in my case) others say do a full Uconnect reset to factory settings. And finally still others say disconnect your battery for a couple minutes and then reconnect.

That's the most I know, sorry to hear of your issue. Hopefully jeep will issue another firmware update to illuminate the issue via computer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi @missjasmin and @tylerbell5 --

Sorry to hear about the different concerns you two have been experiencing with your Uconnect systems. That doesn't sound right! We'd be more than happy to look into your symptoms further and offer support alongside your dealership visit, should you decide to get a proper diagnosis.

Please don't be shy! Our inbox is always open.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
Sahara
11 Posts
This happened to me for the first time today. Backup camera was like there was a lens cap on it — all black. It was fine a few hours later, the next time I started the Jeep. The guide lines disappear and reappear every now and then.

·
Registered
2021 JLU 4xe Sahara
3 Posts
We've had our 4xe since May 9th and it's happened to us once so far that we've noticed where the backup camera activated but the screen was just black. Didn't work when we backed out of a parking spot to head home nor was it working when we got home. Worked fine the next day... will definitely be keeping an eye on it though.

·
Registered
Sahara
11 Posts
This happened to me for the first time today. Backup camera was like there was a lens cap on it — all black. It was fine a few hours later, the next time I started the Jeep. The guide lines disappear and reappear every now and then.
Happened again yesterday and persisted through three restarts of the vehicle but worked today (after changing).

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a star case for this issue it is a connection problem. Your dealer can look it up and check these connections. This is for a black or blue screen. The lines will be repaired in the next update

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear that you may be experiencing similar concerns as seen on this thread. If anyone decides to get a proper diagnosis by their dealer and would like additional support, please feel free to send our team a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
34 Posts
My grid lines come and go randomly. Do you think
There is a star case for this issue it is a connection problem. Your dealer can look it up and check these connections. This is for a black or blue screen. The lines will be repaired in the next update
Thanks for that update because my grid lines come and go at random it seems. Do you think Jeep will send out an announcement when the update is ready or do I just ask when I go for my first oil change?

·
Registered
107 Posts
lol... i realized it just reading the forum. old school using the mirrors to back up . sometimes off ..waiting to the next os ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've gotten the black screen on backup 2 times so far. The backup lines come on perhaps 60-70% of the time.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
7 Posts
I see issues with the camera going black, ours went all white, as if it is overexposed. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I got in today, the backup camera didn't work. The screen was completely black like it wasn't getting signal. I got out and checked the back, opened and shut, restarted, but it still didn't work. I tried using the uconnect and settings back up camera, and it showed the same black screen with an X to exit back. Frustrated and running late, I continued on, but when I started back up less than an hour later, it worked as expected.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is this a wiring issue or could it bet related to what I experienced on our first road trip?

I don't want to bring it in if it's not doing it anymore since if they can't reproduce it, what can they do to fix it. Am I wrong in my thinking?

All advice is welcomed!
I just came on this forum because I am currently experiencing this. Coming home, reversing out of my space, my back up camera was completely black with only the words to check out my surroundings and the x appearing on the screen. I got home. Turned the car off, waited an hour turned it back on and tried again and no change! I just picked this vehicle up last Tuesday!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just came on this forum because I am currently experiencing this. Coming home, reversing out of my space, my back up camera was completely black with only the words to check out my surroundings and the x appearing on the screen. I got home. Turned the car off, waited an hour turned it back on and tried again and no change! I just picked this vehicle up last Tuesday!
Update: I pulled the F11 and F97 fuse and waited a few minutes and put them back. My backup camera came back, but the guidelines are missing. I already had an appointment to go into the dealer for something else, so had them add this onto the list to check. Will let you know if I find out anything helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update: I pulled the F11 and F97 fuse and waited a few minutes and put them back. My backup camera came back, but the guidelines are missing. I already had an appointment to go into the dealer for something else, so had them add this onto the list to check. Will let you know if I find out anything helpful.
Yes, please do! The guidelines are intermittent for a lot of people. If you get a solution, there are many of us who' will bring in for a fix.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey there--

I heard you were already scheduled to visit your dealer and get some concerns addressed. I'd be happy to offer extra support while at your dealership, as a way to make sure that everything is properly reviewed. If you're interested or have questions at all, please send us a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

1 - 18 of 18 Posts