Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my family on the Schneby Hill trail today, with our 4xe Rubicon and everything went well. This trail is located near Sedona Arizona, it is rated as a 2-5 rating out of 10 with the Badge of Honor rating system.

There is one part that had an unavoidable 18 - 24 inch rock climb, but for most of the trail, the Jeep Rubicon with stock height was fine and it completed the whole trail without scraping any rocks.

I requested a “hard” badge of honor for my Jeep, it should arrive in 8-10 weeks.

There was a Lexus, and Ford Expedition on the route, and they looked like they were doing fine, so if a 4xe Sahara wants to try it, I don’t see any reason why not, just pick good lines to avoid any scrapes.

Some issues to note, only use 4L when you need the extra gearing to power you over an obstacle, drive in 4H or 4H auto for most of the trail.

The Jeep jerks around a lot if you stay in 4L, the instantaneous torque of the electric motors and the 4L gearing make it feel like a row boat.

The jarring from the rocks all through this trail loosened up something in my steering wheel, now I have what sound to be a loose screw, that rolls around in the inside of my steering wheel. This looks like a very small issues, and I will ask my dealer to take a look when I bring it for an oil change.

The views are absolutely stunning on this trail, and recommend it for all Jeep and other off-roaders here are some pictures.

I also read about others having issues with Adaptive Cruise Control, I used Adaptive Cruise Control on my drive to Sedona and back, and did not have any issues, it worked great.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice.
My son and I did that trail the first weekend with our 4xe High Altitude and it handled it easily. His Rubicon took a hit to one of the skid plates but I think he chose a different line than I.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This trail has a lot of sharp and protruding rocks, in the off line sections, I recommend 8+ ply tires, if you are impatient and adventurous, but if you take a stock Sahara or High Altitude, keep patient and stick to the easy lines on the trail, or you might have a long day.

I aired down to about 25 psi with the Rubicon BFG K02 tires, and went everywhere on the trail, I did not follow the easy line. I can see tire punctures being an issue on this trail. I don’t know with the lower profile tires on the Sahara and High Altitude if airing down is a good or bad idea, I did noticed when TFL aired down their Land Rover Defender, a protruding rock pinched and tore their lower profile tires, you may want to keep normal pressures on these lower profile tires, but more importantly stay on the well traveled lines.

Funny how I watched the TFL YouTube video with the Defender last week, I also saw a new Land Rover Defender on this trail, his spare tire was missing from the back hatch. I was guessing at how slowly he was driving, that he had a TFL moment, and he too punctured his tire, and was driving on his spare. He was driving back towards the entrance of the trail.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Download the “Jeep Badge of Honor” app on your smart phone. Register your vehicle details and VIN.

When you get to the off-road trail deemed “Badge of Honor” trails by Jeep “check in” with the app, it will give you a soft version of the badge in the App, and you can apply to have a hard badge sent to you for free by UPS. You need to have a Jeep VIN so they can send it to you. I know Toyota drivers want in on this action, and they have been trying to get these badges on their trucks.

You stick the badges on your Jeep, and I heard they help you attract the opposite, or same sex, depending on your preference.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I received my badge last week, they sent it real quick in the mail. Here is the soft version of the badge with the 4xe logo. The hard badge you stick on your Jeep does not come with the 4xe logo.

View attachment 1658
Nice. I was jusrpt in Sedona and saw this trail was on the badge app. I tried to rent a Jeep to do it [I live in CT so I couldn’t take mine] but I could only rent one for four hours and my wife and kids and I did the Devil’s Bridge trail road. It was actually a lot of fun doing in a Jeep that wasn’t mine and knowing I paid the extra $25 for insurance, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.