Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe (Ordered)
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated - does anyone know the nut size for the Aux post on the 12V battery? I have seem posted 6mm x1 - this is not correct at least on my 4xe. I tried 8x1 and 8x1.25 as well as 10x1.25 and 5/16 and none fit that post. 8 mm seems the right size, but neither thread pitch I tried worked. Anyone know what size nut this is?
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
913 Posts
If you have a caliper you can measure the diameter and count one inch of threads and look that up in a table. It's probably a lot easier than it sounds.

As stated - does anyone know the nut size for the Aux post on the 12V battery? I have seem posted 6mm x1 - this is not correct at least on my 4xe. I tried 8x1 and 8x1.25 as well as 10x1.25 and 5/16 and none fit that post. 8 mm seems the right size, but neither thread pitch I tried worked. Anyone know what size nut this is? View attachment 5942

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have a caliper you can measure the diameter and count one inch of threads and look that up in a table. It's probably a lot easier than it sounds.
True - but thought someone might have already done it. Have thread pitch gauges and could throw a caliper on it, but hoping someone will save me the effort :p

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
913 Posts
It's M8 1.25.

As stated - does anyone know the nut size for the Aux post on the 12V battery? I have seem posted 6mm x1 - this is not correct at least on my 4xe. I tried 8x1 and 8x1.25 as well as 10x1.25 and 5/16 and none fit that post. 8 mm seems the right size, but neither thread pitch I tried worked. Anyone know what size nut this is? View attachment 5942

M8 1.25 is probably a pretty safe bet... It's all over the truck. I'll go see if i have a nut i can use to check.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks! Just measured it myself and got same result and tested with nut and all worked. No idea why earlier try of 8/1.25 failed, but whatever - all set now.

PS - Living up to your name :ROFLMAO:
I pulled up to the hardware store, popped the hood and took the nut off the other terminal, matched it inside, installed it and drove away.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pulled up to the hardware store, popped the hood and took the nut off the other terminal, matched it inside, installed it and drove away.
Cool story bro, but that ain’t going to work on a 4xe - main battery post is 6mm /1 and aux is 8 mm /1.25 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 12 of 12 Posts