Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
158 Posts
21 miles. It uses the battery first as much as it can. Obviously if you punch it or drive very aggressive the engine will kick in more often.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm seeing between 21 and 24 miles in my Sahara. In hybrid mode, it's still runs in only electric but will kick on the engine if demand calls for it. Like @Shakes already said, it uses the battery first in Hybrid mode. The only real difference between the electric mode and hybrid mode is the bias. In electric mode, the bias is toward electric so the engine is less likely to start than in hybrid mode.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Around town, 35-45MPH, a little stop-n-go, driving pretty laid back, we're seeing close to 30 most of the time. I think as you approach 50-60-70+ the aero has a notable impact on the battery life. I also run with Max Regen on 99% of the time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Around town, 35-45MPH, a little stop-n-go, driving pretty laid back, we're seeing close to 30 most of the time. I think as you approach 50-60-70+ the aero has a notable impact on the battery life. I also run with Max Regen on 99% of the time.
Is the button on the dash the max regen?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, it's got a blue battery / lightning bolt, right in the center stack, in the row under the AC controls (which BTW, look great with the brush aluminum). It's a toggle that lights up and there's also an indicator in the dash LCD.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm seeing a reliable 28 miles when in electric only mode (or hybrid). Most of my normal day to day has been in electric only mode because I know I'm not going to deplete the e range.

If I have plenty of battery and I'm in hybrid, it will occasionally run the engine but not of any great significance. I suspect this would eek out more total range for long trips.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Max regen is basically one pedal driving, which can take a little getting used to. When your foot is off, the brake lights are on and you will come to near full/rolling stop. Braking seems to increase in intensity as you slow down. With a lite pedal pressure you will coast with a small amount of regen.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have a new Sahara 4xe how long should the battery last in Hybrid mode?
Depends on how you drive. It is possible to operate the vehicle 100% in EV mode (even with the vehicle controls set to Hybrid Mode). There are some gauge cluster choices that allow you to see when you are getting close to the threshold of EV operation. Go past that point and the engine will start.

Assuming you don't engage the engine, then you might see 26-30 miles of range on surface street (45 mph or less) and 20-20 miles of range at legal freeway speeds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agree wish you could choose to make it a ”last time used feature”. If we have it on and use it upon turning off the vehicle it remained on at restart. I feel like a pilot with a pre-flight routine at times. 😏

·
Registered
JLURe 2021 sting gray
5 Posts
now ending my second week of ownership of my 4xe Rubicon and on electricity i average 42-45km(26-28 miles) total before the engine kick in. with a full tank and battery charged 100% I've seen my estimated range around 580km (360 miles) this is 90% of road between 50 and 60 MPH relatively flat and max regen always on. obviously no 0-60 in 6 second to achieve that and I drive like grandpa (not forced to but it is an habit since I owned my first electric car and now addict trying to maximize the battery). That being said I am really impressed by that truck and the driving experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I get around 25 miles on a full charge. As most of my driving is less than 15 miles r.t. in my community, I am running on mostly electric power as the 4xe really operates like an EV with the ICE being a power and range extender.
As the OP does not have stock tires but a more aggressive AT tire, I suspect the electric range and overall mpg will be less for him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts