Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I connect a battery maintainer to the 12V battery?? I really don’t drive every day. I know once the big hybrid battery is done charging after being plugged in, nothing is “maintaining” the 12 V battery. I realize the 12V is being charged by the plug in, but once it’s done charging, everything just sits. I think it can be done, just looking for expert opinions. This is not a trickle charger, but a NOCO Smart Charger. 2 amp charger…

·
Registered
186 Posts
Normally most all plug in vehicles have the ability to program departure times so the vehicle would precondition the cabin. A happy side effect is the 12v gets topped up as well. When I would go on vacation, I would leave the vehicle on plug and program a Departure Time schedule once every day ot so. That worked great because it just times out and the car shuts off.

Unfortunately the 4xe doesn't have that feature to schedule departure times. :(
A possible work around would to leave it on plug and remote start it once every few days. That would top off the 12v each session. Not ideal but should work fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, that’s a great find! So 4xe has built in tender - that’s awesome. With all of the hood close precautions, there must be high current shock opportunities well beyond a conventional ICE vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts