Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new to this- please help. My 4xe charge goes down fast in hybrid mode, yet it still seems like the electric mode is on even when I’m at 1% charge left. Thoughts?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yes, it's a hybrid at that point. 15% is reserved for hybrid operating. Low speed and idle will usually be EV.

I think I did put a dent in the hybrid today given some harder off-roading and long idle. It started to run the engine more than usual.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Also, at lower speeds the 4xe is very efficient. It's just not so much with higher speeds, like every Wrangler ever made. :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
No, keep it hybrid (or EV)! :) The default mode really won't do you wrong. E-save is to use when you are heading to a trail and want to maximize electric power at a given time. From what I've read, trail use can get a considerably long run time as you usually aren't fighting aerodynamics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can also switch the eSave Mode to prioritize charging if you wanted to fill the battery back up, but the hybrid mode will be best for overall MPG.

·
Registered
264 Posts
So on the Highway use e-saver ?
Think of eSave as SAVE. You’re saving the battery for later. It’s a special case use mode. It’s the least efficient mode. Due to the laws of thermodynamics, when we ask the engine to work harder, it is going to use more fuel. When we save or charge the battery using the gas engine, it is going to use more gas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts