Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I apologize. I have seen the topic, but it seems to be all over the map. Is there a recent conclusion with more recent data? I am new here I did read many discussions and I am more confused than confident on the subject.

I will start witch 100% full charge. A full Tank and most of the trip will be 70-75mph on the highway.

What is the most efficient combo for the highest MPG? Does that include using the max regeneration button?

Thank you in advance and I thank you for being kind In advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey NewTo4Xe, I have been driving EVs for a while now, however, I do not have my Jeep yet. My answer will be from what I am use to. In my Volt I have done 60 mile trips on < half a gallon of gas.

Here is a small list of things I like to do:
I do not use the break above 15 miles an hour, if I can help it. Instead I use the regenning engine to slow me.
I do not gun my car from the start, taking more time to reach my desired speed.
I do not leave the regen motor on all the time, as it does not make sense to expend energy to make energy.
In stop and go traffic I will use regen to allow me to use 1 foot as much as possible.
On hills I use max regen instead of my breaks.

Remember you are on power, so use the lease amount of "Toys" as you can.

If you are looking to maximize your millage, look up hypermiling techniques for additional pointers.

My recommendation is to find a way to drive that makes you happy. Both with the overall MPG/eMPG and the manner in which you drive. Also, you are flying down the highway in a vehicle that is as aerodynamic as a brick. You will only be able to do so much.

·
Registered
344 Posts
First off I apologize. I have seen the topic, but it seems to be all over the map. Is there a recent conclusion with more recent data? I am new here I did read many discussions and I am more confused than confident on the subject.

I will start witch 100% full charge. A full Tank and most of the trip will be 70-75mph on the highway.

What is the most efficient combo for the highest MPG? Does that include using the max regeneration button?

Thank you in advance and I thank you for being kind In advance.
I did about 23/24 MPG but on slower highways after the electric only reserves were gone. Most efficient mode is hybrid to start, don't use e-save unless you really need the battery at your destination, that will lower efficiency. Electric is best for when you know you don't need range over 27 miles before you can charge.

Use max-regen and learn how to one pedal feather it and release to stop.

Speed kills any Wrangler's efficiency. Rolling steady under 20 MPH seems to use almost no energy in comparison. I used battery only on trail for what must have been close to 3 hours.

People seem to report anywhere from 17 - 21 MPG at that 70-75 mph range. Which puts it not too far off from the 392!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts