Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe (on order)
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just saw one of his videos. He now has a Wrangler 4xe and did a video about charging it and discusses the Mopar charger.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Did buy the 4xe or is he getting it on loan for being YouTube reviewer?

I decided to pull the trigger on the enel X Juice Box after his video. I wanted a ChargePoint but they aren't available.

He hates the holster, handle and cord, but otherwise gave it his second highest score.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did buy the 4xe or is he getting it on loan for being YouTube reviewer?

I decided to pull the trigger on the enel X Juice Box after his video. I wanted a ChargePoint but they aren't available.

He hates the holster, handle and cord, but otherwise gave it his second highest score.
Anyone's guess I suppose, makes no matter to me. I do appreciate the in depth testing and reviews on his U-tube channel.

I chose the Wallbox Pulsar Plus on Amazon which has a $50 off coupon. It will be an indoor unit so not worried about flexibility in the cold. We are fortunate here and receive up to a $500 credit from our electric cooperative for purchasing a level 2 charger. Wallbox has a bidirectional unit for benefits during a home power outage too, we already have that covered though.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The bi-directional support is interesting but what is that exactly. Can the 4xe reverse feed directly?

Normally you would just go from an aftermarket 12V inverter to the outlet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone's guess I suppose, makes no matter to me. I do appreciate the in depth testing and reviews on his U-tube channel.

I chose the Wallbox Pulsar Plus on Amazon which has a $50 off coupon. It will be an indoor unit so not worried about flexibility in the cold. We are fortunate here and receive up to a $500 credit from our electric cooperative for purchasing a level 2 charger. Wallbox has a bidirectional unit for benefits during a home power outage too, we already have that covered though.
Aren't the bidirectional chargers only for DC vehicle charging, and the 4xe are AC?
I would love to have a simple solution to home power outages.

·
Registered
597 Posts
This question is beyond my current knowledge, see the link below.

Wallbox Quasar!
There is talk of a smart charging grid where the utility provider could call upon EVs to supply the grid. The trick would be for the utility companies to offer it in such a way as that consumers would think they are getting a benefit. I imagine only Elon could pull something like that off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish I could answer your question. I do not have an ev charger in possession, nor an electric vehicle. I have on order a Wallbox Pulsar Plus and a Wrangler Sahara 4xe. All of this electric vehicle stuff is new to me and have zero hands on experience.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ah so you haven't gotten any of it yet. Nice to start with a Level 2 EVSE!

After 5 months of being on a L1 I really appreciate the difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts