Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am shopping for a 4xe, and will be carrying 4 bikes --- either on a hitch mount or 2 on back, 2 on top.

Has anyone gotten a setup they like?

Thanks!

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
This would be a less expensive option I just got. It's the Allen Sports 4 Bike Premier Locking for Spare. It seems designed for a JL wrangler. Plenty of room and folds down flat to allow door to open. The locking mechanism also makes it one with the frame.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N8VJPTP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Being able to do two on top and two in back would be nice. I can't do the roof since I have a Sky One Touch.

View attachment 636
That does seem like a more cost effective option. I've seen the Yakima swingaway as cheap as $350 on Amazon. It is nice to be able to access the trunk with the bikes mounted. You can do that with mine, but it is not easy for a big guy.

·
Registered
610 Posts
That does seem like a more cost effective option. I've seen the Yakima swingaway as cheap as $350 on Amazon. It is nice to be able to access the trunk with the bikes mounted. You can do that with mine, but it is not easy for a big guy.

With mine it would not be practical to open the trunk with bikes on.

Another issue I had is there seems to have been a world wide rush on bikes and bike accessories. Nearly everything seems to be out of stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Thule XT pro. This might sound snobby, but all my bikes are carbon frames and I won’t let anything touch them directly. Right now I’m only using it as a 2 bike rack, but I have the 4 bike extension. With a dropper extension it clears the door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts