Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the regular Saharas have a lot of options to black out the silver inserts that come stock. Are those the same for the 4xe?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ours came blacked out from the factory. Not sure if that is an option or part of some appearance package but the parts counter might be able to order them for you?

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
High altitude or white may have them perhaps? I'd like to have the whole grill black.

They are inexpensive to purchase. Some people just plasti dip.

·
Registered
139 Posts
High altitude or white may have them perhaps? I'd like to have the whole grill black.

They are inexpensive to purchase. Some people just plasti dip.
The local auto body paint store may have something that will do the trick. I think those grills come off pretty easy. (y)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I thought all 4xe ms come with black inserts. I like them better than chrome. Me 4xe is ordered. Anyone can confirm for Sahara 4xe?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought all 4xe ms come with black inserts. I like them better than chrome. Me 4xe is ordered. Anyone can confirm for Sahara 4xe?
All the 4XE Saharas I've seen at dealers have the silver accents. It's not shiny chrome but silver painted. The build website does show it being darker, but you can never rely on those, they aren't perfect and Jeep may have changed it afterwards.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
8 Posts
Yes. I am aware I have the regular Sahara, therefore, I was confirming the colour of the inserts for @SamCanada for that specific model trim in the white colour. And as Jake stated, it’s actually not chrome, but better described as a painted silver like the metallic silver paint coats with the extra pearly sparkle(?). SnB has the High Altitude in white with the black inserts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes. I am aware I have the regular Sahara, therefore, I was confirming the colour of the inserts for @SamCanada for that specific model trim in the white colour. And as Jake stated, it’s actually not chrome, but better described as a painted silver like the metallic silver paint coats with the extra pearly sparkle(?). SnB has the High Altitude in white with the black inserts.
Thanks for that!! I never noticed it dark silver. Just saw few in the dealership. The 4xe is darker than the normal Sahara where it is more of chrome!
I like the the inserts on 4xe better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts