Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep build website shows the option to have a black hard top. But all the vehicles I am seeing at local dealership is with body-colored hard top. Has anyone ordered 4xe Rubicon with black hard top?

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
44 Posts
Jeep build website shows the option to have a black hard top. But all the vehicles I am seeing at local dealership is with body-colored hard top. Has anyone ordered 4xe Rubicon with black hard top?
Yes, Hellayella Rubicon with Black hard top
On a general note, I think it's much more practical for those who plans to use it for camping and/or removing the top often, but still appreciate the better aesthetics vs. soft top

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
592 Posts
I’m pissed!! I wanted black hard top and was told only the body color was available to order. In the Jeep build online black hard top is an option, but once I met with the sales manager he said he could only enter in body color hard top. Even showed me on the screen. I wanted to save like $1,200. Not that body color is ugly, I like it, just didn’t wanna spend on it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
When we ordered on 11/6/20, we ordered black. We had a whole conversation about it because we didn't know the price when we ordered. We were ordering it with the understanding that if it came in and it was too much, the Sales Manager would put it on the lot. So we were discussing what I wanted AND what he knew he could sell. I was trying to keep the price down as much as I could and figured the color match top was something I could live without. So we ordered black. Then a lot of people in the Wrangler 4XE Fans group started saying that they couldn't order black. But when mine came in, it was color matched. I'm not complaining. It looks sharp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the black hard top was only available on the Rubicon. we did a build with the Sahara and Rubicon and could only get the black top in Rubicon. Same thing went for the fenders and front grille. It was a big deal to us we wanted the black accents. So we ordered the Rubicon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We ordered the blacktop and fenders on the hellayella rubicon because we thought it would be too much yellow otherwise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Been keeping an eye on these threads and was a bit concerned after reading that some had been told that black either wasn’t an option or they were ordered with black tops but coming in with body color tops. Ordered our Rubicon back in Feb with black top and fenders, came in as ordered, thankfully no surprises there.
Looking forward to picking it up in May when we return home, until then, it’ll be the envy of the lot....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Been keeping an eye on these threads and was a bit concerned after reading that some had been told that black either wasn’t an option or they were ordered with black tops but coming in with body color tops. Ordered our Rubicon back in Feb with black top and fenders, came in as ordered, thankfully no surprises there.
Looking forward to picking it up in May when we return home, until then, it’ll be the envy of the lot....

Congratulations @REF4xe! Welcome to the forum! Are you a former Jeep owner or is this your first?

·
Registered
125 Posts

Congrats!

What is your home charging setup like?

Have you removed the 4xe's roof panels and stored them in the rear cargo area yet? If so, I would be interested in knowing exactly how you stored them because it seems to be different than the ICE version of the Wrangler.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks....this will be my(our) first Jeep, super excited.
We’ve been out on the road traveling full time with our 13 yr old son for the last 2 years, headed back home next month and will be picking up the 4xe at the dealership, until then, I’m afraid I’ve really got nothing to add, haven’t even seen it in person, photo was sent from the sales guy.
I’ll be sure to make an introduction then, just figured I’d chime in on the only thread I had something useful to add to the discussion....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wanted a black top on mine but when the dealer tried to enter it into the order system It was greyed out. The only way to get it was the dual top group.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I was told the only way to get the black top was the Dual top group. The salesman showed me the order system and the stand alone black freedom top was greyed out and it would not let him select it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m pissed!! I wanted black hard top and was told only the body color was available to order. In the Jeep build online black hard top is an option, but once I met with the sales manager he said he could only enter in body color hard top. Even showed me on the screen. I wanted to save like $1,200. Not that body color is ugly, I like it, just didn’t wanna spend on it.
Same with mine.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
592 Posts
Got my Jeep yesterday... Soo glad I got body color top. I like it better than black. Just personal preference though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was told the only way to get the black top was the Dual top group. The salesman showed me the order system and the stand alone black freedom top was greyed out and it would not let him select it.
Hmm...that’s odd, wonder if they changed the ordering system at some point, again, we ordered in the beginning of Feb. and just for clarification, was able to order our Rubicon with the black freedom hard top as a standalone. Been looking at adding the Bestop Trektop Ultra as an option.
From reading these posts, it sounds like the Rubicon is the only model that can be ordered with the black top as a standalone option, not sure what model you were specking out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm...that’s odd, wonder if they changed the ordering system at some point, again, we ordered in the beginning of Feb. and just for clarification, was able to order our Rubicon with the black freedom hard top as a standalone. Been looking at adding the Bestop Trektop Ultra as an option.
From reading these posts, it sounds like the Rubicon is the only model that can be ordered with the black top as a standalone option, not sure what model you were specking out.

Mine is a firecracker red rubicon, ordered on March 29th. The Jeep website still allows you to configure it that way
but the dealers cant put the order through like that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine was ordered through the local dealership without issue. Anyway, hopefully people are able to get what they want and more importantly, what they order and the dealership order portals work out the inconsistencies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
FWIW, I just saw a Nacho 4xe Rubicon in the area new from the same dealer as mine, but I was told that color wasn't available and chose hellayella, which is undoubtedly a cooler name.

Could have been ordered at a different time, but still seems inconsistent.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, I settled on this. I just couldn't justify the extra 1 grand for body color, and didn't think it looks as good or a traditional as the C classic black.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts