Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Well, feel a bit silly asking, but... Got my 4xe Sahara a few weeks ago. Spec sheets lists an engine block heater. I don't see any sign of a cord for the block heater. Does plugging it in to charge also power the block heater or am I just not seeing the cord? Looked around the battery but didn't see anything. If anyone has found theirs or has info, it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
Surely there must be someone out there who also has a block heater and confirm whether of not there's a dedicated block heater cord? Someone? Anyone? :p
I bought a 4XE this year as well and when we got hit with the brutal cold over Christmas I did inquire with my dealer as I could not find my block heater plug either. I have just found out that the 4XE does not come with a Block Heater and there is NOT an option to add one. Also, apparently when it is below -30 C the Jeep may not start. It will just give an error that it is too cold out. WTF - not very Canadian friendly.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Also, apparently when it is below -30 C the Jeep may not start.
If the battery gets below that temperature, it may not start, unless it's been plugged in.

It is my understanding that when you plug in during that temperature range, the battery conditioning circulates and heats coolant, which also does some heating of the engine, which is why there isn't a block heater. You're achieving the same thing by plugging in the evse. I'm trying to find the source for that statement to substantiate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a 4XE this year as well and when we got hit with the brutal cold over Christmas I did inquire with my dealer as I could not find my block heater plug either. I have just found out that the 4XE does not come with a Block Heater and there is NOT an option to add one. Also, apparently when it is below -30 C the Jeep may not start. It will just give an error that it is too cold out. WTF - not very Canadian friendly.
Interesting, thanks for sharing that. It does seem that there is no block heater. That said, the window sticker from my Jeep purchase lists one, which, if they don't exist is odd.
Font Parallel Circle Number Document

·
Registered
61 Posts
FWIW, I have started my 4xe below -30 -35 with out any problems, though it was plugged in.

I’ce bc also driven it around and parked outside of shops, etc. and haven’t had a problem starting it… I’m not sure how long I could leave it parked and unplugged at that temperature with out having issues though.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
159 Posts
There is no block heater. 4xe’s don’t come with them or have the option to come with them.
OP, are you sure that build list is for a 4xe??
My sticker also lists engine block heater as standard equipment, but then it also states my black interior was to come with red stitching. Lies. For whatever reason, it’s misleading Canadians rather than stating instead that plugging it in replaces the need for a traditional block heater.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
My sticker also lists engine block heater as standard equipment, but then it also states my black interior was to come with red stitching. Lies. For whatever reason, it’s misleading Canadians rather than stating instead that plugging it in replaces the need for a traditional block heater.

View attachment 3829
There are definitely some glitches on the build sites and such.

·
Registered
293 Posts

View attachment 3829
They also put on most peoples build sheet that a level 2 charger was included.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts