Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been a busy summer - flat towed ~4400 mile loop across the eastern US in July/Aug with our new to us RV.

I spoke to SO many people who were asking about the Jeep 4xe. The L1 charging sparked their curiosity that this was no regular JL. We were able to charge at every campground overnight or on demand.

Took some beautiful day trips through M22 in northern lower MI with the top back & Hothead Sun Shade made it comfortable. We also did some off road beach driving, after airing down, to spot some wild horses in Corolla, Outer Banks NC.

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Kuat rack with swing arm and 4 bike storage was great to have but folded up out of the way for highway and city trips.
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Natural habitat
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

·
Registered
244 Posts
Been a busy summer - flat towed ~4400 mile loop across the eastern US in July/Aug with our new to us RV.

I spoke to SO many people who were asking about the Jeep 4xe. The L1 charging sparked their curiosity that this was no regular JL. We were able to charge at every campground overnight or on demand.

Took some beautiful day trips through M22 in northern lower MI with the top back & Hothead Sun Shade made it comfortable. We also did some off road beach driving, after airing down, to spot some wild horses in Corolla, Outer Banks NC.

View attachment 2181

Kuat rack with swing arm and 4 bike storage was great to have but folded up out of the way for highway and city trips.
View attachment 2182

Natural habitat
View attachment 2183
I just noticed, that back wheel cover! kinda has that GWAGON look whered di you get that from and what did that cost you?

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
144 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Such a huge improvement to get the Rubicon wheels and tires. This should be first mod for everyone with a Sahara whether you drive offroad or not. The stock 20s and low pro tires look wrong.
Tell me that Rubi wheels and tires will not make the car noisier on the road and you might convince me. We just drove 900 miles this weekend on the stock Sahara wheels and I don't know that I could tolerate more noise for that long. I love the look of all terrain tires, but my experience is they make the road noise worse. BTW, averaged 21.9 MPG on the drive, and 26 of those 900 miles were on electric. 1 gallon of gas saved, Gretta! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
BFG All Terrains are pretty quiet. I bet you wouldn't notice a difference in noise. Ride should be better too in theory, more sidewall.

And yeah if you aren't charging up the 4xe you won't see an improvement over the other engines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just noticed, that back wheel cover! kinda has that GWAGON look whered di you get that from and what did that cost you?
Thanks! I thought it added some polish to the already street themed High Altitude trim. I ordered from Morris 4x4 Center, $406 shipped after they had a coupon.

Part #: MS-JL255-BW, hard to find this for the 20" wheel as its a different width than other trims.

I had an issue with the original color piece, faded yellow after only a few weeks. Boomerang customer service resolved it and the replacement piece matches better.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts