Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Jeep Community,

We purchased a new Jeep Wrangler 4xe on September 30th and on October 29th, at 480km we got the check engine light and a burning smell. We took the vehicle to the dealership on next day and they informed us (after 5 days) "they have determined the turbo is leaking and technician highly suggesting to limit the amount of driving to ensure no more damage is done to the turbo". As per the dealership the components are on backorder and no ETA.

Can someone in the community to help us understand why this happened also has someone else gone through the same experience?

No words to explain the frustration and disappointment we are going through with this brand new Jeep Wrangler 4xe.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Jeep Community,

We purchased a new Jeep Wrangler 4xe on September 30th and on October 29th, at 480km we got the check engine light and a burning smell. We took the vehicle to the dealership on next day and they informed us (after 5 days) "they have determined the turbo is leaking and technician highly suggesting to limit the amount of driving to ensure no more damage is done to the turbo". As per the dealership the components are on backorder and no ETA.

Can someone in the community to help us understand why this happened also has someone else gone through the same experience?

No words to explain the frustration and disappointment we are going through with this brand new Jeep Wrangler 4xe.
Mine didn’t have a burning smell but I feel your exact frustration. Mine is currently in shop now for over a week and for the second time in 2 months. I’m sorry for your situation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine didn’t have a burning smell but I feel your exact frustration. Mine is currently in shop now for over a week and for the second time in 2 months. I’m sorry for your situation.
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is really frustrating to know 4xe's are having so much problems. Hope Jeep will take some effort to resolve all these issues more efficiently so we can enjoy this wonderful vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.