Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

New member, about to order a 4ex Rubicon. Was just about the pull the trigger but the dealer is telling me that the build and price on line is "not updated" and that the MSRP is $1810 higher than the published rate. They apparently called their Jeep rep who told them the units are selling fast so they raised the price but haven't updated build and price. I find this hard to believe so I am holding off until I can speak to another dealer and I contacted Jeep directly to confirm. To Jeep's credit, I got an email from them over the weekend saying they are researching and will call me Monday. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I’m glad the dealer was being honest but what a terrible customer experience. I’m sure they have disclaimers on the website but we deserve better when paying $60k for a vehicle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You could potentially find one on a lot at the older price, or maybe your dealer could get it at the old price. Around here they are asking full MSRP + dealer additional profit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The $1,810 increase is accurate.

The Jeep website is pretty bad about not updating its info in a timely manner. But there's really not an excuse for them having raised the prices two weeks ago and it still not being reflected on there.

I ordered my 4xe on Saturday, May 1, before the price increase went into effect that Monday or Tuesday.

Since it is being built after the price increase, my window sticker reflects the higher MSRP. My dealership is still leasing it to me at the original agreed upon rate.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a quote on May 1st from one dealer and then another quote from a different dealer on May 4th and there was that price difference. Unfortunately, I didn’t officially order until after the price increase. Mine is a custom build, not off the lot, so I’m stuck paying the higher price.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think it was kind of a crap shoot. Some of us who ordered early (some as early as Nov. 2020!) were not able to take delivery until April 2021. If the 4xe was poorly received, FCA would be offering big discounts/rebates to move inventory making us early adopters seem like we got the raw end of the deal. In this case, it looks like us early adopters made out OK; a little consolation as we help work out the teething issues.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update: got a call from Jeep corporate. They said the B&P will be updated in early June to account for vehicles that are already on the dealer lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all - wondering if this is still an issue on Jeep's online configurator/pricing tool? I'm getting a $1,220 base price difference for the Rubicon as quoted today from the dealer (new custom build). Thanks ~

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure but I escalated my case up the the FCA exec team and their response team told me it would be fixed in early June. The explanation they gave was that they didn't want the B&P to have a different price than vehicles sitting on the lot so they let it lag for 30 days or so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok yeah was thinking that is the likely cause. Makes sense. Dealerships do seem to be honoring the current B&P MSRP listing for current stock (including those in transit still). Oh well. Would rather get precisely what I've been spec'ing out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts