Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After hitting 5,000 miles my CEL light came on, good timing for my first oil change. When I brought it in for an oil change they informed me my 4xE had no oil at all.... during these 5,000 miles I would smell a burning smell and I thought it was because of the new engine smell but it seemed to last a bit too long and would really smell after driving the highway. Dealership topped off oil and put dyes in, 2 days later I noticed oil under where I parked, brought Jeep in and they determined a leaked and had to order a special hose, this is getting replaced now on Wednesday, they said it had nothing to do with the prep but was a factory issue. Now im wondering how much damage i've done to my engine after 5,000 miles and if this hose will fix the issue as I see some are having Turbo leaks as well which also makes a burning smell?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hello,

After hitting 5,000 miles my CEL light came on, good timing for my first oil change. When I brought it in for an oil change they informed me my 4xE had no oil at all.... during these 5,000 miles I would smell a burning smell and I thought it was because of the new engine smell but it seemed to last a bit too long and would really smell after driving the highway. Dealership topped off oil and put dyes in, 2 days later I noticed oil under where I parked, brought Jeep in and they determined a leaked and had to order a special hose, this is getting replaced now on Wednesday, they said it had nothing to do with the prep but was a factory issue. Now im wondering how much damage i've done to my engine after 5,000 miles and if this hose will fix the issue as I see some are having Turbo leaks as well which also makes a burning smell?
That's how much damage the manufacturer did. Although they could argue you should be checking the level.

It probably wasn't completely out. At some point sensors would have thrown an oil alert.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No magic oil lamp appeared on my dash only the check engine light which was odd, now I’ve been watching the oil PSI idle it is at 17 PSI Driving I’ve seen it go up to 40s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts