Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting my build. For this rig, I'm going stealth. Meaning, unlike my 91 YJ which has everything hanging off the outside, I'm trying to keep as much on the 4xe as hidden possible. So far I've got:

-Rough Country Spots/LEDs wired to factory Aux Switch, and EAG dual cube brackets

-Hooke Road rear cargo tray (left just enough room for me to slide my IceCo fridge underneath. I don't use a sliding tray since my rig will be used for a lot of different reasons and a permanently mounted tray will just be in the way)

-DIY LED tailgate light with multiport power switch (I make these for all my hatchback cars, and most people think they are some kind of factory option, so that's cool)
-
-Custom shovel mount. Located at factory top mounting points Used some leftover LED rooftop light mounts and some Quick fists. Rock solid

-No name rear tailgate table. (I saw the Mopar one at a dealer and this is exactly the same thing for 1/3 the price). It’s sturdy, zero noise.

-Rightline roll bar storage bags

-Yakima Exo swingbase with Bike Rack and Exo Lights (I share this setup with my other cars so don’t want a permanent roof top rack just for the 4xe.

-Juicebox40 charging station with new 50 amp circuit in garage

Next up:
-DIY Axe mount same as shovel mount
-Mopar 2" Lift
-35's on the stock rims. Probably will go with my tried and true BFG KO2's, but maybe Nitto or Toyos depending on Labor Day sales
-MP Concepts Tailgate Reinforcement and Oversize Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket Kit
-Winch (not sure which winch yet)
-UpDownAir 4 tire inflation system with engine bay manifold mount
-Maybe on ARB compressor with the UpDownAir skid plate mount. But will probably just use my Viair as it travels between different cars as needed.
-Hothead hardtop liner
-Midland MXT275VP4 15w radio
-Rotopax or Jerry Can rear mount (not sure which one yet, but I'm partial to Jerry cans)
-Simple removable rooftop rain gutter rack. Probably will get the Mopar
- Add 2nd level to Yakima Swingbase for storage bins, etc.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Electrical wiring
Mesh Automotive exterior Composite material Stairs Tints and shades
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Leg Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Starting my build. For this rig, I'm going stealth. Meaning, unlike my 91 YJ which has everything hanging off the outside, I'm trying to keep as much on the 4xe as hidden possible. So far I've got:

-Rough Country Spots/LEDs wired to factory Aux Switch, and EAG dual cube brackets

-Hooke Road rear cargo tray (left just enough room for me to slide my IceCo fridge underneath. I don't use a sliding tray since my rig will be used for a lot of different reasons and a permanently mounted tray will just be in the way)

-DIY LED tailgate light with multiport power switch (I make these for all my hatchback cars, and most people think they are some kind of factory option, so that's cool)
-
-Custom shovel mount. Located at factory top mounting points Used some leftover LED rooftop light mounts and some Quick fists. Rock solid

-No name rear tailgate table. (I saw the Mopar one at a dealer and this is exactly the same thing for 1/3 the price). It’s sturdy, zero noise.

-Rightline roll bar storage bags

-Yakima Exo swingbase with Bike Rack and Exo Lights (I share this setup with my other cars so don’t want a permanent roof top rack just for the 4xe.

-Juicebox40 charging station with new 50 amp circuit in garage

Next up:
-DIY Axe mount same as shovel mount
-Mopar 2" Lift
-35's on the stock rims. Probably will go with my tried and true BFG KO2's, but maybe Nitto or Toyos depending on Labor Day sales
-MP Concepts Tailgate Reinforcement and Oversize Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket Kit
-Winch (not sure which winch yet)
-UpDownAir 4 tire inflation system with engine bay manifold mount
-Maybe on ARB compressor with the UpDownAir skid plate mount. But will probably just use my Viair as it travels between different cars as needed.
-Hothead hardtop liner
-Midland MXT275VP4 15w radio
-Rotopax or Jerry Can rear mount (not sure which one yet, but I'm partial to Jerry cans)
-Simple removable rooftop rain gutter rack. Probably will get the Mopar
- Add 2nd level to Yakima Swingbase for storage bins, etc. View attachment 1634 View attachment 1636 View attachment 1637 View attachment 1638 View attachment 1639 View attachment 1640 View attachment 1641 View attachment 1642
Nice build you have there. Do you happen to have a link the Tailgate Table? Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
H
Nice build you have there. Do you happen to have a link the Tailgate Table? Thanks
HI, it is a Knockoff Mopar from Ebay. I just checked link it is isn't there. But there are several, and they are all about $58. I bought mine form AngelCityTrading as they were local to me here in SoCal so shipping was only a day or two.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Update on build. Installed Midland MXT25 radio. I went through several iterations of mic mounts, antennas, antenna locations, etc. I ended up with what I thought would be problematic with reception but after testing SWR and driving around hills, housing, talls trees ect. I happy with the range for the type of wheeling I do. I used my Midland handhelds to communicate with the installed radio. Shout out to a lot of others I copied on install. Eventually I mounted the radio on the right side of the glove box, grounded to factory stud in passenger footwell, power to Aux wire ignition on/off. I ran the antenna wire, back behind center console and out through factory firewall plug up above and to left of brake. I drilled a hole in the plug and used a rubber grommet in the plug to make air/leaktight fitting for wire. I ran the wire along backside underhood and used factory wire clips to keep it tidy. The radio is mounted on Midland bracket attached to my pod light bracket. The antenna blocks a wee bit o' light from the pod but not enough to bother me. Oh, the phone mount is some Amazon vendor, "areyourshop". The bracket fit much better, IMO, than others I tried. The "others" were of great quality but pushed the console bezel out to far for my liking, and I couldn't unsee it once I saw it.

Vehicle Gear shift Car White Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

Electronic instrument Motor vehicle Audio equipment Electrical wiring Cable

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trigger Air gun Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Material property Tints and shades Gramophone record Circle Automotive tire

Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Grille

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HotHead Liner Pics. Super easy install. Quieter now, had a telecon on the way to mountains and kept asking everyone if it was loud from my end and I got no complaints which isn't a normal response when I'm on speaker phone in my other cars. A quiet Jeep! Who knew?!?! Then again, I'm comparing it to my 91 YJ with a softtop.

Hood Vehicle Window Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive design Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Light Automotive design Automotive exterior Fixture Bumper

Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts