Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
My biggest issue with the sound system is that I get a crap-ton of bass rattle coming from the right speaker in the soundbar. What's the best way to eliminate that?
It may be loose OR tey to put a little bit of sound insulation in there. You can buy a bag of polyfoam (pillow stuffing) from Amazon or I went to dollarama bought a pillow for 4$ and tore it open and used some of the inside stuffing, I put it around my sub in the back as well

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is all good information. I know @gman21 was able to find some stuff that is readily available and is plug + play. I just got a notification from terra acoustics that their speaker upgrade is now available for the jeeps and I just put in my order in for $249. Am I being ripped off and is it overpriced compared to @gman21 solution? Maybe...but i guess theres only one way to find out 😅

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
It may be loose OR tey to put a little bit of sound insulation in there. You can buy a bag of polyfoam (pillow stuffing) from Amazon or I went to dollarama bought a pillow for 4$ and tore it open and used some of the inside stuffing, I put it around my sub in the back as well
Thanks! I'll try the pillow baffling and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Wrangler U Rubicon 4xE (on order)
54 Posts
The SiriusXM audio quality is terrible, make sure to not judge against that source. It holds the sound back, which becomes "okay" quality. I've found it too base biased when the eq is flat. It also lacks some crisp highs. Some people do tweeter upgrades to fix that.

My previous vehicle had comparable audio but sounded much better on SiriusXM. I'm not exactly sure why that would be the case - Sirius module, DSP corrections?
The wife's honda pilot black edition (soon to be replaced by a rubicon) has a premium sound system in it and there is a setting specifically for streamed audio (both from bluetooth sources and sirius) called neural. It decompresses and expands the sound. It makes sirius actually sound full and good, HUGE difference. Maybe the uconnect 5 system in the '22s will fix the audio quality issue 🤞

Here is what neural does: https://owners.honda.com/utility/do.../2021/Pilot/2021_Pilot_Audio_Connectivity.pdf

·
Registered
110 Posts
Oh dude, so easy!! Pop off the top cover, 3 screws, pop it out pop the new one in! Done. Sound bar, same thing. The only thing is you need either an Allen key to remove the covers in the sound bar or a torquehead bit. Make sure you order the adapter cable. I ordered mine from Crutchfield. Ask them, they will tell you which adapter cable
Thanks, man. May just do it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is all good information. I know @gman21 was able to find some stuff that is readily available and is plug + play. I just got a notification from terra acoustics that their speaker upgrade is now available for the jeeps and I just put in my order in for $249. Am I being ripped off and is it overpriced compared to @gman21 solution? Maybe...but i guess theres only one way to find out 😅
The kickers are only about 59$ a pair and come highly recommended. They are built for sound but also to work with your factory Amp. The other may need too much power therefore requiring an additional Amp for full potential.??

·
Registered
43 Posts
The wife's honda pilot black edition (soon to be replaced by a rubicon) has a premium sound system in it and there is a setting specifically for streamed audio (both from bluetooth sources and sirius) called neural. It decompresses and expands the sound. It makes sirius actually sound full and good, HUGE difference. Maybe the uconnect 5 system in the '22s will fix the audio quality issue 🤞
I’m not sure where this rumor about Uconnect 5 for ‘22s is coming from, but I haven’t seen any official confirmation of that elsewhere (in fact I have read reports of it not being included yet).

·
Registered
61 Posts
For those who have brought the Terra Acoustic speakers I’d love to hear your thoughts on them once you’ve had a chance to install and play around with them. (So much potential for puns.)

I was looking forward to ordering a set but then found out that they only ship to the US - I live in Canada, so before I go through the trouble of freight forwarding I was hoping to see some reviews.

FWIW I contacted Terra Acoustics about the shipping and they got back to me pretty quick so I like their customer service so far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Terra Acoustics speakers installed -- they sound a WORLD better to my ears. Bass seems to be upfront now, not just thudding from the rear. Music is full and warm. The install was easy and it comes with the tools needed which is great because I definitely didn't have the nubby screwdriver needed to fit under windshield, etc. I stuffed some polyester fill in there as well... actually used balled up stretchy spider web from the Halloween decorations, which I assume is what the professionals use ;-) But for the first time this stereo sounds great to me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For those who have brought the Terra Acoustic speakers I’d love to hear your thoughts on them once you’ve had a chance to install and play around with them. (So much potential for puns.)
Installed my set yesterday and they have an improved sound compared to stock. I think I read on their IG that it takes 6 hours or so to break the speakers in so I'll hold off on any real comments. The install is painless with their included pry bar and stubby screwdriver to fit near the window

·
Registered
110 Posts

I was looking forward to ordering a set but then found out that they only ship to the US - I live in Canada, so before I go through the trouble of freight forwarding I was hoping to see some reviews.

FWIW I contacted Terra Acoustics about the shipping and they got back to me pretty quick so I like their customer service so far.
I was seriously thinking of them too. Too bad they don't ship here....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Terra Acoustics speakers installed -- they sound a WORLD better to my ears. Bass seems to be upfront now, not just thudding from the rear. Music is full and warm. The install was easy and it comes with the tools needed which is great because I definitely didn't have the nubby screwdriver needed to fit under windshield, etc. I stuffed some polyester fill in there as well... actually used balled up stretchy spider web from the Halloween decorations, which I assume is what the professionals use ;-) But for the first time this stereo sounds great to me.
I just installed mine today as well. While they say it takes a bit of time for the speakers to break in, I think they sound amazing. Granted, it could totally be in my head, but so far I am very happy with the purchase. Considering how absolutely vital speakers are to a car, the price is worth every penny in my opinion. With that said, I personally had no problems or issue with the stock alpine speakers. I thought they sounded just fine. But now, I do believe the terra acoustics brings it to a whole other level

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You have to consider the context. Terrible is in regard to the claim as a premium upgraded sound system. When you run lossless audio into it-- the speakers literally pop and hiss because they can't handle the frequency. If you run tidal master quality into it, it's just thin and the bass is either non existent or boomy and muddy depending on the music. I'm not angry about it. I LOVE my 4xe. But eager for an upgrade when somebody is aware of one.
I use Apple Music set to Lossless and it sounds amazing. Couldn’t ask for anything more.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I use Apple Music set to Lossless and it sounds amazing. Couldn’t ask for anything more.
Agreed I think the sound is fantastic. I have a Memphis Amplified Subwoofer that had amazing bass in my 2015 Ford F-150 with a stock stereo….I may look at adding this to the mix if possible. The windows used to rattle. 👀

41 - 60 of 91 Posts