Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
It just goes to show, it’s all subjective. Does anyone really need to upgrade anything on these new Jeeps?
Some would say you’re nuts for upgrading your suspension or putting on aftermarket wheels and tires on a brand new Rubicon, when we all know they’re pretty downright capable right from the factory and there’s nothing wrong with the stock rolling gear.
Yes, the Alpine stereo is pretty decent, but there’s room for improvement, and I think the Terra Acoustics kit (or any other front dash replacement speaker with a dedicated tweeter) addresses the main issue with a simple plug and play speaker to improve front staging and improve the highs…..
And yes, I live in Colorado, so I am always high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
234 Posts
None of the people saying it sounds great are using a high quality signal. Spotify is going in at 96kbps, etc. The higher CD quality / 1500kbps sources like Tidal hi-fi, etc. seem to expose the problem. It's gets really shrill and tinny sounding and the speakers occasionally pop, etc. It's not the end of the world, but hoping one of the aftermarket options works out
Hi-res signals shouldn’t make speakers pop. This sounds like you have other issues with your amp or a damaged speaker possibly.

One way to test might be to get a quality DAC connected to your source and run through the Aux in to take the digital processing of the head unit out of it for testing

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,223 Posts
Stupid… the Jeep is a Jeep! It’s loud on the road. Not Alpine’s fault. I don’t think the majority of prospective buyers would want to pay $5-6k or more for a great great system. With the taking the doors and tops off, you’re limited on how much sound proofing you can accomplish. Again, this is not a luxury SUV or an electric vehicle. Know what you’re buying.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I used to think the sound system in my 2007 Mazda3 sounded really good. Then I bought the Jeep and thought, "eh, it's not that great other than the bass" so I bought the Terra Acoustics and installed those and thought, "they sound better, but is it a HUGE difference? Maybe not so much. But good enough to keep" Flash forward a couple months later after driving nothing but the Jeep I hop in the Mazda3 (it was passed down to my wife) and I think "damn this sounds muddy in the Mazda, why did I ever think this was great?"

It's all so subjective. If you're in any vehicle for any length of time and don't have something to compare it to, it's going to sound good or good enough. I'd still recommend the Terra Acoustics tho, no regrets there. A speaker like that should come standard with the Alpine system

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
234 Posts
I used to think the sound system in my 2007 Mazda3 sounded really good. Then I bought the Jeep and thought, "eh, it's not that great other than the bass" so I bought the Terra Acoustics and installed those and thought, "they sound better, but is it a HUGE difference? Maybe not so much. But good enough to keep" Flash forward a couple months later after driving nothing but the Jeep I hop in the Mazda3 (it was passed down to my wife) and I think "damn this sounds muddy in the Mazda, why did I ever think this was great?"

It's all so subjective. If you're in any vehicle for any length of time and don't have something to compare it to, it's going to sound good or good enough. I'd still recommend the Terra Acoustics tho, no regrets there. A speaker like that should come standard with the Alpine system
"Comparison is the thief of joy"...said someone somewhere

The Terra Acoustics looks spot on for what I want to upgrade.

Reactions: zoopy123

·
Registered
53 Posts
My terra acoustics have shipped and are on their way, will report back but I think it’ll certainly help with the front staging, not interested in replacing the whole system as it’s a pretty decent kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 91 of 91 Posts