Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....I'll update this as I receive info from the dealer. This will be my 15th Wrangler and first Hybrid.
March 28th, 2022.
I know that options may dictate how long it will take. So.....

Rubicon
Silver Zynith
Black Leather Faced Seats
Cold Weather Group
Safety Group
Body Color Flares
Sky one touch power top
Gorilla Glass

Apparently Rubicons are built more often than Sahara's. But that's what the dealer claimed. There aren't many 4xe up here with Safety Group, which tells me that might cause a delay for one reason or another. However, the dealer said he'd be on the lookout to see if any other dealers get the same configuration. This is my 17th vehicle from the dealer and the same salesman so I know he'll do his best. Overall, I'm patient. Will enjoy the manual transmission for as long as I can in my current Wrangler.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ordered 10/31 in BC

High Altitude - Incl: cold weather/safety group
Silver Zynith
Trailer/Tow HD Electrical
Advanced Safety
Gorilla Glass
Rear Slip Differential

As of 3/10 it hasn’t been scheduled and a VIN hasn’t been issued. I do see a lot of rubicons as you’ve mentioned. They seem to get a big push every 3-4 weeks with updates on their website.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered 03/14/22

Rubicon - Incl: cold weather/safety group
Sarge Green
Gorilla Glass
Rear Slip Differential
Tan Leather Faced Seats
3 pc hard top color matched
steel bumpers

Still no VIN (contacted by dealership yesterday 03/28/22) "it may take a month for the VIN will keep you updated"

Have a question for purepete and Ocww will you be getting an aftermarket undercoating? I live in SK where our hiways are COATED in salt I read in a random ev forum undercoating is generally not recommended for EV's due to the sensitive electronics.

Ocww which website are you referring to?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered 03/14/22

Sarge Green
Gorilla Glass
Rear Slip Differential
Tan Leather Faced Seats
steel bumpers

Still no VIN (contacted by dealership yesterday 03/28/22) "it may take a month for the VIN will keep you updated"

Have a question for purepete and Ocww will you be getting an aftermarket undercoating? I live in SK where our hiways are COATED in salt I read in a random ev forum undercoating is generally not recommended for EV's due to the sensitive electronics.

I live in Southern Ontario and never undercoat my vehicles. We just don't get enough snow and salt spreading the streets around here to justify it.

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4XE
14 Posts
From Ottawa, ordered on Oct 26/21, '22 Sahara 4XE Snazzberry, dual top, fully loaded, winter and both safety packages, got VIN Jan 26, found it on cryptostickers, it was already in the build process, build was finished Feb 24 and it was moved to closed status. Dealership confirmed it is complete and it has been sitting in a trainyard in Toledo ever since. Still no delivery date from dealership.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ordered 03/14/22

Sarge Green
Gorilla Glass
Rear Slip Differential
Tan Leather Faced Seats
steel bumpers

I’ll most likely just be getting PPF on the front and sides up to my front doors.

The website I’m referring to is just jeep.ca - when you select “shop online” you can see which dealerships have inventory and also which dealerships have 4xe’s being built and in transit. You’ll notice that the overwhelming majority of them are rubicons.

·
Registered
52 Posts
From Ottawa, ordered on Oct 26/21, '22 Sahara 4XE Snazzberry, dual top, fully loaded, winter and both safety packages, got VIN Jan 26, found it on cryptostickers, it was already in the build process, build was finished Feb 24 and it was moved to closed status. Dealership confirmed it is complete and it has been sitting in a trainyard in Toledo ever since. Still no delivery date from dealership.
Hopefully your’s gets on a train soon, that really sucks. That’s a completely different kind of wait from me. The biggest test of my patience is going 5 months without a VIN even being assigned. I must have picked a low volume dealership but I picked it based on their customer service. Watched them get 5 rubicons and 1 bone stock Sahara while I wait for an allocation on my HA

·
Registered
2022 JLU 4xe Rubicon | Granite Crystal Metallic
81 Posts
We were going to factory order, but the dealer had one already on order with all the boxes checked except the safety packages. The safety pkgs were "nice to have" versus a "must have". As of Feb 5th it was already built awaiting transport to Vancouver. We took delivery on Mar 19th. So your baby should have a much shorter train ride and hopefully you will get that phone call soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just herd the deer to use the road as a giant salt lick. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not saying I'm right, but I think anyone who has picked the Safety Group or Advanced Safety Group will experience a longer wait. As far as I can tell, there aren't many available.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not saying I'm right, but I think anyone who has picked the Safety Group or Advanced Safety Group will experience a longer wait. As far as I can tell, there aren't many available.
Yep and add cold weather group and you may be waiting awhile. When we where searching for a 4xe with the safety and cold weather group in the same vehicle in Manitoba, there was literally 1 out of 100's in stock or in transit. We were told they avoided putting the two options together to reduce the amount of chips.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep and add cold weather group and you may be waiting awhile. When we where searching for a 4xe with the safety and cold weather group in the same vehicle in Manitoba, there was literally 1 out of 100's in stock or in transit. We were told they avoided putting the two options together to reduce the amount of chips.
It's so funny. Canada of all places should have the Cold Weather Group as standard. My dealership has a bunch of 4xe's and gas Wranglers without it. To me that's weird.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's so funny. Canada of all places should have the Cold Weather Group as standard. My dealership has a bunch of 4xe's and gas Wranglers without it. To me that's weird.
It would explain why there have only been like 3 HAs delivered to Canada so far. They come with cold weather and safety standard in Canada, and I even went for the adv safety lol. I might be waiting till September at this rate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would explain why there have only been like 3 HAs delivered to Canada so far. They come with cold weather and safety standard in Canada, and I even went for the adv safety lol. I might be waiting till September at this rate.
My dealer has this High Altitude, I think they just got it. Not sure how long it took for them to get it: 2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe

·
Registered
81 Posts
I noticed our dealer appeared to be mainly ordering Rubicons with the cold weather package, mostly Freedom Hardtops or SOT, but no safety pkgs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My dealer has this High Altitude, I think they just got it. Not sure how long it took for them to get it: 2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
The only differences between that and the one I ordered are the color (white instead of silver zynith) and no adv safety. It’s like $1500 msrp over mine because they got all of those small options like floor mats and bags etc.

I haven’t actually called my dealer in a month, I got tired of bothering them when the last thing they said to me is it will “possibly” arrive by august. Kind of numb to the whole process right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered Rubi 4xE on Oct 30 2021, cold weather, safety group, dual top, steel bumpers, leather seats, towing package, gorilla glass, My dealer has given me my VIN and told me it is still in D status but they are confident I should receive before the end of June. I am not sure I believe them, they originally told me 4 months from order.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered Rubi 4xE on Oct 30 2021, cold weather, safety group, dual top, steel bumpers, leather seats, towing package, gorilla glass, My dealer has given me my VIN and told me it is still in D status but they are confident I should receive before the end of June. I am not sure I believe them, they originally told me 4 months from order.
Wow! Waiting since Hallowe'en sucks! Well, it won't be the leather seats or steel bumpers that cause the delay. My hope is that by some miracle they source thousands of the chips or relays or whatever is causing the delays and do a major build of customer custom orders. They can identify those orders compared to dealer orders. One can dream.

What province are you ordering from?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow! Waiting since Hallowe'en sucks! Well, it won't be the leather seats or steel bumpers that cause the delay. My hope is that by some miracle they source thousands of the chips or relays or whatever is causing the delays and do a major build of customer custom orders. They can identify those orders compared to dealer orders. One can dream.

What province are you ordering from?
Hey, I hope so as well. I ordered it in Montreal QC. I was reading in some other forums, that they should be getting to the back logged orders. Most of the October orders are being completed and November orders should begin in April. So i would assume that i should move to D1 shortly (I HOPE). Then the wait for shipping will begin.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey, I hope so as well. I ordered it in Montreal QC. I was reading in some other forums, that they should be getting to the back logged orders. Most of the October orders are being completed and November orders should begin in April. So i would assume that i should move to D1 shortly (I HOPE). Then the wait for shipping will begin.
I love Montreal, Coolest, grooviest city in the country with the most beautiful women. I'm in Ontario in the city no one likes. LOL. My dealer showed me the looooooong list of 4xe he's ordered for customers and for the dealership. It's a big list. Crossing my fingers for everyone.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts