Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone!

Brand new to this forum, but I thought this would be the right place to mention/ask about my build.

I've been eyeing a new wrangler for a few months, and went into a dealership today for the first time. They have a 4xe incoming in the colour and roof (sky touch) that I want, but there's some extras in there I didn't want (advanced safety & tow tech).

I was thinking of letting this go, but after reading all of your messages, I'm thinking it's worth it to keep those options and move forward on in. Any feedback? Is this a unicorn spec that I should be happy with, and I'm just not appreciating it?

Also, why is everyone ordering Gorilla Glass? What did I miss about it? If it's that good, I'd like to see if it's not too late to add it.

TIA!

Font Paper Terrestrial plant Document Number

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey everyone!

Brand new to this forum, but I thought this would be the right place to mention/ask about my build.

I've been eyeing a new wrangler for a few months, and went into a dealership today for the first time. They have a 4xe incoming in the colour and roof (sky touch) that I want, but there's some extras in there I didn't want (advanced safety & tow tech).

I was thinking of letting this go, but after reading all of your messages, I'm thinking it's worth it to keep those options and move forward on in. Any feedback? Is this a unicorn spec that I should be happy with, and I'm just not appreciating it?

Also, why is everyone ordering Gorilla Glass? What did I miss about it? If it's that good, I'd like to see if it's not too late to add it.

TIA!

View attachment 6516
The fact that they have an incoming 2023 High altitude with advanced safety as a stock dealer car infuriates me beyond belief, especially since it’s in Canada. This type of shit shouldn’t happen when there are customer ordered vehicles waiting with paid deposits. FCA is a complete clown show.

Other than that, based on what we saw the past 12 months, yeah advanced safety is pretty rare for Canada. I would probably buy it if was at MSRP at a dealer near me. But here it would be 66k msrp and the dealer would ask for 81k 100% of the time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
And gorilla glass from everything I’ve seen is a very half assed excuse for glass protection. That being said, there’s nothing that’s going to protect your glass from a loonie-sized rock going 80kph into your 90 degree angled glass windshield (sarcasm… kind of)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The fact that they have an incoming 2023 High altitude with advanced safety as a stock dealer car infuriates me beyond belief, especially since it’s in Canada. This type of shit shouldn’t happen when there are customer ordered vehicles waiting with paid deposits. FCA is a complete clown show.

Other than that, based on what we saw the past 12 months, yeah advanced safety is pretty rare for Canada. I would probably buy it if was at MSRP at a dealer near me. But here it would be 66k msrp and the dealer would ask for 81k 100% of the time.
I should have prefaced my message by apologizing in advance, because I've been in a similar situation with another brand and it's ridiculous. Really sympathize with all of you, but I'd do what @Ced_4XE suggested. You order is in the system so you have nothing to lose. I have friends that jumped ship so to speak, and ordered off the lot and got their original deposit back.

Besides that, I appreciate your feedback. I was going to push to have those options removed, but if it's rare and worth it, I'll leave it in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I should have prefaced my message by apologizing in advance, because I've been in a similar situation with another brand and it's ridiculous. Really sympathize with all of you, but I'd do what @Ced_4XE suggested. You order is in the system so you have nothing to lose. I have friends that jumped ship so to speak, and ordered off the lot and got their original deposit back.

Besides that, I appreciate your feedback. I was going to push to have those options removed, but if it's rare and worth it, I'll leave it in.
Oh there’s nothing to apologize for, although it makes me mad I’d rather know than be oblivious that this is happening. It’s definitely not your fault and you’re providing good information to this thread.

but yeah, I’m not paying over msrp and I also am in 9 months deep. There’s no turning back. Unless they decide to cancel my order then I’ll most likely just never buy an FCA product again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Oh there’s nothing to apologize for, although it makes me mad I’d rather know than be oblivious that this is happening. It’s definitely not your fault and you’re providing good information to this thread.

but yeah, I’m not paying over msrp and I also am in 9 months deep. There’s no turning back. Unless they decide to cancel my order then I’ll most likely just never buy an FCA product again.
I'd be pissed too. I ordered a loaded Rubicon and it took 3 months to be delivered to the GTA. Sorry dude.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Guys

so some update for my order - placed in October 2021, my dealer told me that they cannot hold the original price…to be honest I was not too surprised with this.. :(

i think i will say bye to 4xe and this forum…

·
Registered
71 Posts
Guys

so some update for my order - placed in October 2021, my dealer told me that they cannot hold the original price…to be honest I was not too surprised with this.. :(

That’s really sad. I probably won’t order from Canada again. I’m a US citizen with a Canadian residency, if I knew in advance this would be such a clown show I would have just ordered from washington and paid the taxes to import it to BC. I don’t know why Canadians are treated like absolute garbage. We can’t even call jeep support, all they will tell you is “we don’t have and cannot get information of a unit in the scheduling or build phase due to international privacy laws. We only see vehicles after they’ve been delivered to the dealer. So contact your dealer.” Basically they’re completely useless.

We don’t mind paying more, but I will definitely be insisting the dealer make it up to us in some way. Whether that be installing my upgrades as a courtesy or something else. I’ll get creative.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the price difference? I think if the dealer tries this on my order I may just get my deposit back and go to another dealership to buy the most loaded one they have on the lot.

201 - 210 of 210 Posts