Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Absolute insanity that you can order a car within 2 weeks of order banks opening and they can’t fulfill it within the model year for a standard production vehicle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’ve been fearing that call tbh
so my dealership told me the system automatically pushed all the orders that don’t have VIN yet to 2023
Right now they can not place any new orders, as Jeep is preparing for 2023 production. Orders have VIN number would be produced as 2022 for sure and possibly 2023 order will be starting in sept/October. Then very much likely I can’t even get my order by end of the year🥹

·
Registered
71 Posts
so my dealership told me the system automatically pushed all the orders that don’t have VIN yet to 2023
Right now they can not place any new orders, as Jeep is preparing for 2023 production. Orders have VIN number would be produced as 2022 for sure and possibly 2023 order will be starting in sept/October. Then very much likely I can’t even get my order by end of the year🥹
Yeah mine is still BX after 8 months, so it’s most likely going to be pushed. They can’t even blame chip shortage/war or any other BS political excuse. It’s just bad business. There is zero chance there is any reason my order placed in October shouldn’t have been built or scheduled for build. It was a decision to put Canadian orders on the extreme low end of priority, even with paid deposits.
There’s also no choice but to wait, because the alternative is paying $10-15k markup for one on a lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah mine is still BX after 8 months, so it’s most likely going to be pushed. They can’t even blame chip shortage/war or any other BS political excuse. It’s just bad business. There is zero chance there is any reason my order placed in October shouldn’t have been built or scheduled for build. It was a decision to put Canadian orders on the extreme low end of priority, even with paid deposits.
There’s also no choice but to wait, because the alternative is paying $10-15k markup for one on a lot.
that’s so true…🥲

·
Registered
19 Posts
just received message from my dealership
My 4xe ordered in 2021 now moved to 2023 with a status of “BE - editor error”
I really don’t know what’s wrong here… my status was good order for scheduling for months…
I believe your order was for a Sahara (as was mine) Did you also have the High Altitude? Seems like if you are a Canadian order and want a Sahara HA, you wait ... and wait ... and wait ... and wait ,,,

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe your order was for a Sahara (as was mine) Did you also have the High Altitude? Seems like if you are a Canadian order and want a Sahara HA, you wait ... and wait ... and wait ... and wait ,,,
I’ve made the analogy before, if FCA gets a Canadian order across their desk with safety and cold weather packages they swiftly slide it into their “cbf” wastebin until they feel like dealing with it. Which is why there are so many rubicons and stock saharas. Their excuse- “chip shortage”. Meanwhile HA has a 2-4 month turnaround in the states

·
Registered
71 Posts
Confirmed with dealership today, my order was moved to 2023. It’s actually insane that you can order a vehicle 2 weeks after order banks open and it ends up being moved to the next model year. I don’t think I’ll ever deal with this process again. Canadians are treated as third world citizens. US customers can’t complain about their 4-5 month turnovers, they actually have no idea.

I guess I can count my blessing that I’m not getting the very last 2022 to roll off the assembly line before retool, but at what cost?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Confirmed with dealership today, my order was moved to 2023. It’s actually insane that you can order a vehicle 2 weeks after order banks open and it ends up being moved to the next model year. I don’t think I’ll ever deal with this process again. Canadians are treated as third world citizens. US customers can’t complain about their 4-5 month turnovers, they actually have no idea.

I guess I can count my blessing that I’m not getting the very last 2022 to roll off the assembly line before retool, but at what cost?
I expect to get the word from my dealer in the next couple of weeks. But at least my order was done in 2022, not 2021. Jeep Canada has a lot to learn about customer satisfaction. We can understand some delays due to supply chain issues, but if Canadian orders are in fact treated differently at the factory, then Jeep Canada needs to stand up to Jeep USA and get us treated equally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

I haven't heard any orders on the form with the Extream Recon Package. I ordered min Feb 26th with following options. I live in London Ontario. I just got word from dealership that my order has finally been moved forward but not in build status yet (4 months to get to this status). Anyone else get Recon package and know if this package causes delays?

Build:
Rubicon - Black
Extream Recon Package
Cold Weather group
Steal Bumper
Fully loaded with paint matching hard top and wheel guards
Did not include Safety Group Package

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
OK, FINALLY! It took 3 months minus two days but my vehicle arrived at the dealership today and I pick it up tonight. This is great because my lease deal only lasted 3 months and the term I agreed on ends tomorrow, otherwise I'd have to make a new deal.

Options include:

1 touch sky roof
Safety Package
Cold package
Leather
Gorilla Glass
Painted Fenders

Here is a pick:

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, my dealer advised that our new Sahara will be a 2023 with a price guarantee. I need to do some research to see what I have gained / lost in packages and options.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well it looks like I found a loaded rubi "in trasit". Drafting the paper work today. Expected delivery Friday or Monday. FYI, I called 4-5 dealers and another had a loaded Rubi but in Red incoming. Mine is a spec I would have ordered anyways. Wanted a Sahara initially, but might as well go all the way...

Silver
Cold pkg
Tow pkg
Steel bumpers
Gorilla glass
Painted flares
Painted hard top

Only option I would have added would have been the soft top (dual top) I will buy one locally.

Not really sure how this is possible with all these people waiting. Maybe everyone is waiting for Sahara's?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well it looks like I found a loaded rubi "in trasit". Drafting the paper work today. Expected delivery Friday or Monday. FYI, I called 4-5 dealers and another had a loaded Rubi but in Red incoming. Mine is a spec I would have ordered anyways. Wanted a Sahara initially, but might as well go all the way...

Silver
Cold pkg
Tow pkg
Steel bumpers
Gorilla glass
Painted flares
Painted hard top

Only option I would have added would have been the soft top (dual top) I will buy one locally.

Not really sure how this is possible with all these people waiting. Maybe everyone is waiting for Sahara's?
Well.. yah Sahara and HA..
i don’t really like rubicon’s 4xe look… the blue looks strange to me haha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well.. yah Sahara and HA..
i don’t really like rubicon’s 4xe look… the blue looks strange to me haha
The hood decal was way too much for my taste. The hooks and the blue accent around the Jeep tag are good enough . I think most Jeep owners don’t abide by the “less is more” policy though lol rather just slap some all terrains on the Sahara and call it a day, but would have taken a rubicon if there was an option to order it without the hood decal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The hood decal was way too much for my taste. The hooks and the blue accent around the Jeep tag are good enough . I think most Jeep owners don’t abide by the “less is more” policy though lol rather just slap some all terrains on the Sahara and call it a day, but would have taken a rubicon if there was an option to order it without the hood decal.
Hey Ocww
I’m going to pickup my Sahara today.... haha not my 4xe.. its an regular Sahara…didn’t cancel my 4xe order yet, I’ll see how it goes :)

the wait is just too long..… so after my car moved to 2023 model the status changed to “edit error”, last week my dealership told me possibly it’s because 2023 does not have my colour (granite crystal metallic), so asking me to change colour… but I checked Jeep.com they released 2023 model and has this colour……I think I’d rather wait until they release Canadian 2023 model and then decide what to change… anyways I don’t see the possibility to get my 4xe this year.

Ontario government waives a portion of taxes in the gas price until end of this year, the gas price is not too bad now

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Ocww
I’m going to pickup my Sahara today.... haha not my 4xe.. its an regular Sahara…didn’t cancel my 4xe order yet, I’ll see how it goes :)

the wait is just too long..… so after my car moved to 2023 model the status changed to “edit error”, last week my dealership told me possibly it’s because 2023 does not have my colour (granite crystal metallic), so asking me to change colour… but I checked Jeep.com they released 2023 model and has this colour……I think I’d rather wait until they release Canadian 2023 model and then decide what to change… anyways I don’t see the possibility to get my 4xe this year.

Ontario government waives a portion of taxes in the gas price until end of this year, the gas price is not too bad now
My wife and I aren’t at that point yet. The way we see it we’re already 9 months in, might as well just wait it out for the car we want. I mean we could always just go pick up a 4xe, then trade it back in for ours when it finally gets delivered but that sounds like such a big headache of paperwork and dealing with the dealership. Glad you made a decision you’re happy with and have some wheels for yourself till they figure the 2023 out 👍

161 - 180 of 210 Posts