Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting on mine to arrive, but has anyone had an issue after using a car wash? The charging port looks pretty tight and it has that little cap inside. Mine is going to be white, so I will probably be budgeting for regular runs through the local Brightwave.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
I posted about it. Water gets behind the door easily and small amount behind rubber plug as well.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I used a power washer on mine and no water got in but I was careful to not co crazy there. However, I don't know how many times I've forgotten to close my charging port. One day I'm going to do it in the rain.

I don't thing there is much danger there as long as we don't charge in a downpour. The GFI would probably just trip. The engineering design with these charging systems has a lot of safety built in.

This is a great video

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
No problems with charging, put some electrical grease on the charger holes and plugged it in to get some on everything. Not a lot, just enough to coat everything.

·
Registered
381 Posts
wet feet at driver and passenger side and the power connect wa open and wet.. bad mojo for getting into a car wash.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep 4xe Rubicon
28 Posts
I ran through yesterday for the first time. No issues. You will need to wipe the lower inner door sills. They get damp and the dryer won’t dry them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been through a car wash now 5 or 6 times. Zero issues so far. I haven’t looked behind the door after the wash, next time I will to see if there is any water there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone.. just purchased a 4xe last week, love it so far. This is my first jeep so forgive me for this question, but when going thru a car wash do you shift the gear selector from 2H to N as well as put the transmission in neutral as you normally would? Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi everyone.. just purchased a 4xe last week, love it so far. This is my first jeep so forgive me for this question, but when going thru a car wash do you shift the gear selector from 2H to N as well as put the transmission in neutral as you normally would? Thanks
Nope, just the primary gear shifter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts