Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Sahara
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My iPhone disconnects when on USB2, but works fine with the same cable on USB1. Anyone else?

On USB2, it will work for maybe a minute or two, then freeze to indicate that it is disconnecting. It usually reconnects after unplugging and plugging back in, but then will do it again after a couple of minutes.

I will admit to not having the vehicle very long, so my sample rate is not big, but it has happened often enough to indicate a problem.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
19 Posts
My iPhone disconnects when on USB2, but works fine with the same cable on USB1. Anyone else?

On USB2, it will work for maybe a minute or two, then freeze to indicate that it is disconnecting. It usually reconnects after unplugging and plugging back in, but then will do it again after a couple of minutes.

I will admit to not having the vehicle very long, so my sample rate is not big, but it has happened often enough to indicate a problem.
Same thing here!
I've got a wireless carplay from carlinkit and same thing. Need to plug on the usb at in the dash. This really piss me off. Hope an update can help in the future...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe Uconnect 5 and above supports wireless Apple CarPlay. However, the 2021 4xe's have Uconnect 4C, thus, they don't have wireless Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
Sahara
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the idea of the wireless adaptor, but I am more interested in getting the USB2 port working. Just wondering if anyone has either had it fixed or not experienced it at all.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's an iPhone/Wrangler issue not unique to the 4xe.

Supposedly, apple blocked car play to the System's USB2 port. The jeep designers then re-routed the USB2 port to the media hub. But it seems people are still having problems. If you have last years or older it supposedly doesn't work at all since it's blocked by apple.

I've used Android Auto on it and so far it's been okay. I'm getting an Android Auto WiFi adapter and will see if it works from USB 2. Then I'm going to use the rear USBC for it's rapid charging capability.

·
Registered
Sahara
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's an iPhone/Wrangler issue not unique to the 4xe.

Supposedly, apple blocked car play to the System's USB2 port. The jeep designers then re-routed the USB2 port to the media hub. But it seems people are still having problems. If you have last years or older it supposedly doesn't work at all since it's blocked by apple.

I've used Android Auto on it and so far it's been okay. I'm getting an Android Auto WiFi adapter and will see if it works from USB 2. Then I'm going to use the rear USBC for it's rapid charging capability.
Thanks for the info.

I found this thread:

Seems ridiculous for Apple to block a USB port. I wonder how we can get this fixed?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’ve had this problem. Just plug into the front media console. The center console is tricky. A few things I did to resolve;

1. change the name of your phone
2. Reset Network settings on phone
3 Forget the phone in Bluetooth and projection settings on Uconnect

the phone should work fine Through center console after that.
The one problem I’ve been having is that my phone keeps changing its name back to “iPhone” and that’s when it starts to disconnect again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts