Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get it to charge and just get the charge default . I checked the fuses , also tried different chargers level 1 , level 2 , nothing. I have it scheduled for the dealer on Tuesday. They aren't instilling much confidence, they haven't worked on one yet . I'll follow back up after. I have loved it for this short time

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had it at the dealer today, it's the 'dual integrated charger module' needs to be replaced . It's on back order , and uses the hard to get chips, at least several weeks .
Most of my regular trips are short at low speeds , I so miss the electric engine

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Seems to be a growing list of IDCM failures. Thanks for providing the input. Request a copy of the service report when you pick it up back up next year.
Did they get you in to a loaner vehicle?
Reach out to @JeepCares. Maybe they can help expedite the replacment part?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Seems to be a growing list of IDCM failures. Thanks for providing the input. Request a copy of the service report when you pick it up back up next year.
Thanks , since I can still drive it without charging , I have it . It stinks though . I'll post everything I get back,
Thanks, I will reach out to jeep cares . I still have the vehicle, am driving it in e save mode , which stinks .

·
Registered
335 Posts
@b11wheat
I would be concerned that if the IDCM on your 4xe is faulty then your vehicles 12v battery will get depleated pretty soon and leave you stranded or shut down on you while driving.
In the instrument cluster or Off Road Pages you can view the current battery voltage. If it is anything other than 12-14 volts DC you're going to have a really bad day if you drive it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@b11wheat
I would be concerned that if the IDCM on your 4xe is faulty then your vehicles 12v battery will get depleated pretty soon and leave you stranded or shut down on you while driving.
In the instrument cluster or Off Road Pages you can view the current battery voltage. If it is anything other than 12-14 volts DC you're going to have a really bad day if you drive it.
Hey,

Thanks so much, I checked and am over 14 volts , but I will monitor it. I did t even think about it so appreciate you bringing it up

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
@b11wheat
I leave Road Pages up all the time, its a great feature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, good news I am back. @JeepCares really helped out with keeping me posted and getting the part for the dealer . Replacing the IDCM wasn't easy , and to reset it took a bit as well from what the tech told me .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts