Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Jeep will no longer charge in my garage. I’ve checked everything and it keeps flashing error lights. Anyone else have this problem? Dealer can’t get me in until next week!

·
Registered
201 Posts
My Jeep will no longer charge in my garage. I’ve checked everything and it keeps flashing error lights. Anyone else have this problem? Dealer can’t get me in until next week!
Hey, Heidiw. Sorry for my delayed response here. Are you still experiencing concerns with charging? If so, send our team a private message and we can dig in further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4XE
22 Posts
I just had the same issue after trying to jump start someone’s car. Pulled in the garage and it didn’t want to accept the charger and flashed the Xmas tree. All 5 lights on the dash blinked together too. Looking at the instrument cluster it said the hood was open and unable to charge the battery. Tried re-seating the cable and no luck. Checked hood and it was closed.

Here’s what worked… turned the vehicle on with it still plugged in. Jeep instantly corrected itself and started charging.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I suspect we would need very little amps to wake the 4xe. But I've thought a deep cycle battery along with a device like that would be a good combo for the 4xe.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I always have this in my Jeep. They are so handy and powerful. So easy too…
Any reason why you went with the larger GB150? I have been looking into these today but at $200 more versus the smaller GB40 I am not seeing the justification for me. If I recall the difference is something like 20 jumpstarts versus 80, but I can’t see doing that many jumpstarts in between charging anyway.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Any reason why you went with the larger GB150? I have been looking into these today but at $200 more versus the smaller GB40 I am not seeing the justification for me. If I recall the difference is something like 20 jumpstarts versus 80, but I can’t see doing that many jumpstarts in between charging anyway.
No, you’ll be fine with a smaller one. I just always like overkill. I had some equipment and medium sized trucks to worry about so I just wanted all the power I could get. There are lots of these things around now, and I’m sure they all are more than capable of starting most vehicles many times over on a charge. Good luck, grab whichever one you want, you’ll love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts